NRECA International (NRECA) is a rural development organization with the mission to increase access to reliable electric service in developing countries. Since 1962, NRECA’s programs have focused on improving and expanding electric infrastructure, establishing self-sustaining and well-managed electric utilities, and providing technical assistance to national electrification planners.
NRECA’s current projects are underway in Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Madagascar, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, the Philippines, Senegal, Uganda, and Zambia and projects were recently completed in Angola, Benin, Bolivia, Central African Republic, Colombia, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Jamaica, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Niger, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Zimbabwe.
NRECA’s range of services includes:
- Utility operations and maintenance, and loss reduction plans and implementation
- Clean energy mini-grid & stand-alone design and implementation
- National electrification program planning
- Least cost geospatial electrification platform development & implementation
- Development of comunity-based electric cooperative utilities
- Electricity sector financial analysis and institutional governance
- Energy survey design, data collection, quality control, and analysis
- Rural utility institutional design and development
- Construction and supervision of power projects
- Training of management, technical and administrative personnel
- Procurement and tender process support for electrification projects
- Smart grid applications, including advanced metering systems, for improved commercial control, data collection, and system planning