ECA provides advisory services across a range of topics that promote access to energy for unelectrified households, businesses, and public facilities. Our clients include national government entities (ministries, regulators, utilities, and rural energy agencies), international finance institutions, and private developers and investors.
We have worked extensively in the development of emerging technologies for electrification including electricity mini-grids and solar home systems. ECA has been instrumental in pioneering advancements in financing and regulatory development, notably in pricing, licensing, and business model innovation. Our projects often involve capacity building initiatives for both public and private stakeholders, leveraging our consulting expertise to enhance the practical application and impact of our recommendations.
Key focus areas of our services include:
- Conducting market assessments, feasibility, and bankability studies;
- Producing flagship reports that delve into market trends;
- Developing comprehensive electrification strategies for countries or regions within countries;
- Crafting and refining policy and regulatory frameworks, along with institutional structures and capacity development to govern energy access development;
- Designing financing facilities to support private sector participation and involvement; and
- Conducting research into emerging trends and best practices within energy access.