Empowering Burundi’s energy future: the second edition of the Burundi Renewable Energy Access Days is back in Bujumbura
Bujumbura, 29 September 2023 — In a concerted effort to advance Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG-7) coupled with SDG 13 and to accelerate universal access to electricity in Burundi, leading organisations are once again uniting to present the second edition of the Burundi Renewable Energy Access Days (BREAD). This transformative event, taking place from 3 – 5 October 2023, in Bujumbura, is poised to be a game-changer for the renewable energy sector in Burundi.
Burundi Renewable Energy Access Days is organised by GOGLA, the global association for the off-grid solar energy industry, the Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE), the European Union, the World Bank and the Burundi Renewable Energy Association (BUREA), with the support of GET.invest Burundi, financed by the European Union and part of the European programme GET.invest.
The event is placed under the high patronage of the Government of Burundi, the Ministry of Hydraulics, Energy and Mines (MINHEM).
BREAD is the foremost gathering in the energy sector, dedicated to assessing emerging considerations for Burundi’s Strategy on Universal Access to Electricity while addressing climate change challenges. Moreover, it serves as a vital platform for knowledge exchange, networking, and showcasing renewable energy products and services.
Key Objectives of the BREAD
The second edition of the Burundi Renewable Energy Access Days showcases a complete agenda, which focuses on five key objectives:
- Review and reassess the Government’s strategy for achieving universal access by 2030, garnering financial commitments from development partners, including the private sector.
- Convene stakeholders from the public sector, private sector, and the development community to align energy access and climate vision and targets in Burundi, fostering collaboration.
- Provide a networking platform for businesses, investors, policymakers, donors, and stakeholders in the renewable energy sector and adjacent industries. The event also aims to serve as a meeting ground for 11 commercial and industrial (C&I) solar companies in Burundi that are looking for installers (EPCs and energy service providers).
- Showcase the latest innovations in renewable energy solutions and technology through the leading industry exhibition in Burundi.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange in business development, investment, financing, technology, quality assurance, impact, and policy.
The event aims to bring together over 200 participants from Burundian governmental institutions, technical and financial partners, private sector, investors, civil society partners, technical experts, and media representatives.
Date: 3 – 5 October 2023
Location: Bujumbura, Burundi