Who, What & Where
- Solar-diesel battery mini-grid, 10 ft container with 50 kW / 160 kWh energy storage system
- DeeDoke village, Myanmar
AlphaESS specialises in energy storage solutions for residential and commercial customers. With its cutting-edge technology in intelligent energy management and well-tested products, AlphaESS is considered one of the leading companies in international markets. The company has 10+ subsidiaries providing local services and 40,000+ systems actively running in over 50 countries, enabling millions of people live with reliable, accessible and clean energy.
Before this project, DeeDoke village had no access to electricity at all. They cooked with woods and fire, and kids depended on a candle to read at night.
To improve the living standard and open the knowledge windows for villagers, especially for children, electricity is necessary there.
It is extremely difficult for the national grid to connect such a rural place, so solar plus battery became a suitable solution.
- During the day, PV generation prioritises to fulfill the load need, and the excess power is stored in the battery for the villagers at night;
- In continuous rainy days, once the battery power reaches the preset value, EMS will send a signal to the diesel engine, which will automatically start to supply the load and charge the battery at the same time;
- The entire system guarantees 7x24 hours of uninterrupted power supply for over 200 local families with around 600 villagers;
- The customised EMS system controls the entire intelligent mini-grid system;
- AlphaCloud monitoring platform can help customers and engineers to monitor the operating status of the system in real time through web pages or mobile apps; meanwhile, remote function settings and software upgrades/debugging for inverters, EMS, BMS, etc. are also available；
- At the same time, the system integrates key information such as diesel engine fuel quantity, temperature, and alarm information, so that managers can perform timely maintenance and fuel replenishment on the diesel engine;
This project is the beginning of Myanmar rural electrification project. And there are over 20 villages (projects) on the way.