Project Developer/Electrical Engineer
About the role
- Prepare quotations and bills of quantities for solar and hybrid water projects for domestic, urban, communal and industrial applications
- Prepare bid proposals for solar and hybrid water pumping projects
- Make field assessments for various solar and water-pumping projects
- Design, install/construct and supervise solar and water pumping projects
- Design, install and supervise off-grid solar systems, solar street lighting and power backup systems
- To conduct technical trainings and workshops internally and externally as and when may be approved by management
- To offer after-sale services in terms of operation, maintenance and technical support for new and existing client portfolios.
- Supervises project implementation and provides quality assurance assessments from projects being implemented
- Prepare evaluation reports on projects that have been completed
- Provide marketing team with technical support for marketing material preparation
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the solar energy sector
- Ability to manage projects per quality standards, budget, and timeline.
- Ability to design PV solutions including energy storage and hybrid grid-tied solutions
- Proven engineering software skills in PVSOL/HELIOSCOPE
Potential candidates that meet the education and experience requirements provided in the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role should email a CV, academic documents, and 3 professional references to harriet(@)aptechafrica.com.