Electrical engineer for PV Systems
Dear future Off-Grid Europe Engineer,
We are a fast moving company pushing into the renewable energy space, with a good portfolio of existing projects under our belt. We are looking for at least one enthusiastic engineer to join our Pfullendorf based team, with regular travel (probably 3 or 4 times/year) to our office in Dakar. You will independently plan and design the whole system including electrotechnical components of challenging and diverse projects in the field of large-scale PV power plants (ground-mounted or rooftop). You should be a hands-on person, understanding the laws of electronics and also have a good understanding of how a system works and optimise the development for production.
About the role
- Design and plan low- and medium voltage systems for the grid connection of ground-mounted and rooftop PV plants.
- Simulate on-grid/off-grid/ hybrid PV system based on customer requirements
- Organise and coordinate the implementation of commissioning and grid connection of PV projects
- Project Management for your projects
- Handling internal and external teams that will support you, e.g. with electrical drawings, mechanical drawings, civil work, testing, etc.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position are mandatory
- A degree in the field of electrical engineering, mechatronics, physics, electronics, energy storage or comparable qualification
- Experience in creating and reading electrical drawings with an e-CAD program
- As we are a small team you need to be a very hands-on and proactive person, e. g. willing to do the testing yourself, raise awareness of risks you see etc.
Off-Grid Europe/Off-Grid Africa have a very clear vision for the future but we need more people to join our crazy adventure to bring renewable energy to the world.
Our business activities are local and you must be mature, experienced, autonomous. Currently we employ 17 different nationalities and we have a strong focus on international recruitment. Cross cultural/global teams are a big part of our vision and culture.
We are located in South Germany, it is a rural area and you must relocate/live here.
Bodensee may not be a heavily populated area but close by we have mountains, lakes, snowy winters and warm summers. You could say, it’s a bit off-grid but at the same time located in the middle of one of the biggest technical areas of innovation, where international companies set up offices exactly because of the location. If this is for you, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.