Business Development Manager – Emerging Markets Infrastructure
In order to manage and expand our key relationships in the Development Infrastructure we are looking for a Business Development Manager (d/f/m) who will play an instrumental role in shaping the structure of our business development and sales success and build a foundation for future growth of our company.
In this role, you will become part of our Emerging Markets Infrastructure team and report to our Head of Business Development.
About the role
- Identify, manage and expand key relationships, including taking ownership of key accounts (such as The World Bank, IFC, USAID, Governments, KfW Bank…)
- Support our customer facing teams with a focus on shaping our sales and customer success and implement processes that enable our future growth
- Drive recurring revenue and license sales
- Represent VIDA at industry events, conferences, field trips, and customer meetings, leveraging your extensive network in the distributed renewable energy sector to generate new business opportunities
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Business Development to bring user and market feedback into product development and to identify new business opportunities
- Master in Economics, Business, Energy or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in business development/sales, sustainable energy or climate sector in sub Saharan Africa.
- Experience working in a start-up environment and track record in software subscription sales are a plus.
- Extensive network in the distributed renewable energy sector in emerging markets.
- Experience working with or for international donors and investors (governments) are a plus.
- Proficiency in Powerpoint/Google slides and Excel/Google sheets.
- Experience working with CRM tools (e.g. Sales Force).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in French and English.
We’re, ideally, looking for a candidate who is based in Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal, Togo, Benin, Mali, Chad or Kenya.