Business Development Executive (Mountain Region)
The successful applicant for this role will be a commercially experienced individual with a proven ability to establish and manage networks, identifying and driving new business opportunities and achieving overall sales and revenue goals within a defined business line. This will involve actualising new customer acquisitions, upselling initiatives to existing customers in Kenya.
About the role
- Overall responsibility for driving market research/intelligence that will inform proposition development for Alternative Channels and Modern Trade Business.
- Build and manage network of NGOs, Faith Based Organisations, Agricultural Organisations, Social Enterprises, Key accounts and corporate and government sales.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators for new business.
- Responsible for developing & deploying business propositions that will covert to revenue.
- Overall responsibility to offer back-office support to the sales leads. This will involve prepare quotation, price negotiation documents, project manage deployment of customer activities.
- Overall responsibility for account management activity supporting the business leads. This will involve managing customer escalations, providing management information and reports.
- Closure of sales project activities within approved timeline
- New Partners onboarding
- Revenue realisation per sales vertical
- Relationship Management score
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing or related field such as Business administration, telecommunications
- 3 years’ experience in selling products in a B2B environment with a proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business
- Experience selling to wholesalers and distributors will be an added advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with teams, strong interpersonal skills enabling connects with people at various levels of seniority
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits
Knowledge and Skills:
- Capacity to innovate, creating new processes and structures across distribution network.
- Ability to manage inventory and stock across multiple regions.
- Ability to lead planning and execution for national BTL marketing strategy.
- Knowledge of the local business environment, particularly distribution, key social entrepreneur activities and NGO presence.
- Ability to build and manage relations at all levels both within the company and outside with medium-sized entrepreneurs.
- Excellent computer literacy and communication skills.
- Affinity towards entrepreneurship, understanding potential benefits of Clean energy to consumers.
- English and Kiswahili fluency