Business Developer – Energy Efficiency Services
SE Services team is seeking an Energy Efficiency Business Developer to support its service expansion within Belgium & The Netherlands. Our business helps commercial, industrial and public sector clients develop and implement sustainability plans to decarbonise, digitise and electrify their infrastructure, and use resources more efficiently. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, our goal is to help clients modernise and transform their operations in order to take meaningful action to address climate change. Based in The Netherlands reporting to the Consulting Practice Leader, this position will be responsible to position our services with our customers on their energy and emissions reduction journeys through our consultancy services.
We are looking for a passionate and skilled business developer to help us unleash the portfolio of our Schneider Solutions contributing to our customers decarbonisation journey. You will carry forward leads initiated by our other sales team in order to lead the commercial discussions on selling initial energy efficiency audits or decarbonisation programs. You will also take part of the delivery of the consulting activities, ie. workshop or Proof of Concept that will validate benefits of the sustainability journey for the client. In addition, you will need to work closely with other Schneider BUs for inclusion on the solution components from all Schneider portfolio contributing to our customers Sustainability Goals.
About the role
- You will be leading the sales activities that will close the first consultative assignment, and for successful execution of this building block of the decarbonisation plan follow the action plan implementation
- You will be securing the preparation of the first Efficiency/Electrification workshop with the customer team, arrangements and venue
- In addition, you will be positioning the relevant SE solutions that will contribute to the customer’s decarbonisation Journey
- Co-conduct external workshops around energy and efficiency improvement initiatives;
- Maintain currency with new technologies, working methodologies, market directions and industry opportunities per the team’s remit;
- Work as part of a team engaging customers in all aspects of enterprise efficiency.
- Fluent in Dutch and English with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- We are looking for a passionate and skilled individual with a strong knowledge in the energy landscape/sustainability / energy efficiency/electrification.
- The ideal candidate will have a tertiary qualification in engineering, preferably mechanical or a related stream or master’s degree in sustainability.
- A preliminary understanding of energy concepts such as tariffs, measurement metrics, energy efficiency solutions, load shifting and energy management.
- In this position it is essential to have excellent communication, presentation and time management skills.
- We are looking for an ambitious and driven candidate with experience working within a sustainability role or in a consulting advisory role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment, CRM systems (salesforce.com or equivalent).