Schneider Electric is a global company that provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. It combines world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. Schneider Electric believes access to energy and digital is a basic human right. It has developed a pro-active access to energy approach relying on technology solutions, investment funds, and support for training and entrepreneurship.
Based in Bangalore, as part of SE global ONE lab, the role of Off-Grid Solution Architect includes:
The architect will drive the evolution of different off-grid solution offerings, working in close collaboration with R&D, business teams, key partners, cybersecurity and cloud-based software architects. One key requirement is that off-grid offerings must span a range from community electrification, small commercials, and productive energy applications. Doing this with multiple offerings leads to challenges such as algorithm and DER validation needing to be done more than once. A second key requirement is to incorporate a model-based design so that off-grid solutions may be deployed more rapidly and with better first-pass yield. The architect will create and animate a viable roadmap for the evolution of OffGrid offerings that enables validation work to apply across the entire offering & facilitates the use of model-based design.
About the role
- Contribute to TVDA (Tested Validated Documented Architectures) activities, strategy, and framework
- As SE works to unlock the full potential of repeatable mini-grids, TVDA’s are essential to enable profitable growth. The architect will contribute controls expertise to mini-grid TVDA efforts on an as-needed basis
- To gather the evolution requirements from the field to feed the product R&D roadmap, implement some of these R&D evolutions and participate in innovation pilot projects if any
- Participate in customer interactions together with the business teams to understand the technical requirements and formulate the right control solution offers and its validation
- To support commercial teams to prescribe, propose, develop right solution offers for Minigrid projects and validate the architectures proposed by partners or Schneider’s internal teams technically
- To train and support Schneider Electric execution centres to take in hand those solutions for CTO (Configured To Order) part of the business
- To validate the end-to-end performance of the system and alert in case of loss of performance. Work with the Global support team in France to solve the issue and guarantee system reliability.
- Being in a position of senior technical leadership, contribute time to coach and/or mentor junior SE engineers working on various OffGrid solutions including mini-grids
- Continually identify and proactively manage project risks & issues, ensure corrective action plans up to closure
The Off-grid Solution Architect support will be interfacing on daily basis with the following teams:
- ONE Lab Off-grid team and engineers
- R&D and Global business teams
- Collaborate with support functions for Edge control & Cloud-based monitoring (India and France teams)
- Knowledge in mini-grid and new energy landscape
- Strong understanding of decentralised mini-grids and installation. Experience in islandable and grid-connected renewable solution’s design, installation, and control systems (e.g., mini-grids for community electrification, small commercials, productive application etc.) required
- Experience controlling inverter-based resources (e.g., solar PV, battery energy storage systems, etc.) required
- Expertise in storage, and renewable energies is preferred.
- Good understanding of cybersecurity & Communication protocols
- Automation programming, a knowledge of PLC is a plus.
- Electrical distribution knowledge & Cloud system administration
- Power System Engineering, Distributed Energy Resources and System sizing knowledge
- Knowhow in energy markets is preferred (tariffs, prepayment, Demand response etc.)
- Agility in a rapidly changing environment & Curious with ability to learn continuously
- Entrepreneurship and willingness to grow
- The Solution Architect will hierarchically report to the Head of ONE Lab, India
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Electrical / Electronics / Automation with basic understanding of Power generation control and management
- Experience: ~10 years or more
- Proficiency: English must
- Schedule: Full-time
- The position involves 25% travel based on project demand (Africa, South Asia & South-East Asia and Europe)
As soon as possible