EDP Renováveis (Euronext: EDPR) is a leading, global renewable energy company devoted to value creation, innovation and sustainability. EDPR develops wind farms since 1996 and was first listed publicly in June 2008. EDP Renováveis’s renewable energy business now comprises the development, construction and operation of wind farms and solar plants to generate and deliver clean electricity.
EDPR operates in markets around the globe. Currently, it has business interests in generation of renewable energy, namely wind and solar, and is present in 12 different countries.
Collaborate actively in the development of engineering designs in the different phases: pre-design, basic engineering design and executive project of the Solar PV Plants among the different geographies in coordination with local and corporate teams assuring the most optimised designs and the inclusion of all technical specifications in their most upgrade version in order to guarantee technical suitability and technical and economic efficiency.
About the role
- Execution of the development of engineering and designs in the different stages: pre-design, basic, executive and tender project, supervise technical feasibility of those ones assuring EDPR technical standards and project-specific conditions.
- Challenge Technical Standards applicability and verify and justify deviations from them, in order to assure the technical solvency and the technical-economic efficiency of the projects.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative engineering processes.
- Ensure strong communication between local E&C teams and Corporate Areas to facilitate the exchange of information and in order to implement change, improvements and best practices.
Engineering specialised support:
- Support the elaboration of the specifications for basic and executive projects; supervise the technical adequacy of them, ensuring the compliance with EDPR standard and other specific project restraining in close coordination with Corporate Areas.
- Provide specialised technical support in the tender processes and assists E&C teams and, if only indirectly, Purchasing Department in the adjudication negotiation to guarantee the best technical-economic conditions in the awarding.
Providers and supplier management:
- Establish relationships with the main suppliers and providers for the whole value chain in order to include the most efficient technical and economical options to the engineering designs for each site, comparing with the recommendations from Corporate Solar Technology Department.
Company policy and legal compliance:
- Understand and apply policies to prevent occupational hazards, environment and quality to ensure implementation and compliance on tasks under their responsibility.
- Engineering bachelor degree in electrical, mechanical works or similar.
Required professional experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in design and redaction of different kind of projects for Solar PV Plants.
- Experience in managing and supervision of engineering projects.
- Experience in coordination and planning in engineering teams and external engineering companies.
- Electric, civil and mechanical works knowledge.
- Skills in multidisciplinary team coordination.
- Skills in Project Management.
- English, Spanish and Portuguese Language is must requirement.
- Normative and regulations.
- AutoCad 3D Civil Design.
- Deep knowledge about Solar PV softwares: PVSyst, Helios 3D, HST, PV Complete.
- Proactive and resolutive skills.
- Soft skills.
- Analytical skills: Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented.
- IT skills: Advanced skills in office tools (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
As soon as possible