Founded in 1997, Trina Solar is the world's leading comprehensive solutions provider for solar energy. We believe close cooperation with our partners is criticial to success. Trina Solar now distributes its PV products to over 130 countries all over the world. Trina is able to provide exceptional services to each customer in each market and supplement our innovative, reliable products with the backing of Trina as a strong, bankable partner. We are commited to building strategic, mutually beneficial collaboration with installers, developers, distrobutors and other partners.
About the role
- Actively identify and develop new greenfield and brownfield solar power plant opportunities.
- Lead greenfield site identification activities based on Trina greenfield strategy.
- Perform due diligence and investigation into background info and specs for the project, resource and site assessment, interconnection issues, feasibility studies, environmental and risk assessment, secure sites through land option agreements.
- Support the negotiation of commercial transactions and assist with project financing if required.
- Define project scope, budget, execution strategies, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Manage project development from beginning to end. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Support internal team members and contractors; support them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. This extends to both EPC and O&M tasks.
- Build and maintain good relationships with project stakeholders, local and state government, local community, statutory stakeholders, and environmental bodies.
- Participate in meetings with government and regulatory stakeholders to influence decisions and secure opportunities for growing the business. Prepare proposals and presentations in line with company’s strategy and business interest.
- Participate in trade-shows, workshops or other relevant events to promote business interest and develop new project opportunities.
- Minimum of 8 years of solar or wind project development experience, 3 years project development experience with an international major/reputable development/EPC company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience of greenfield sites identification and acquisition.
- Previous experience in fostering landowner relationships, negotiation of landowner agreements and strong understanding of planning processes and grid connection processes.
- Awareness and understanding of economic, regulatory and demographic factors which impact upon greenfield project development search areas, development activities, commercial drivers, and financing requirements.
- Bachelor degree and above, preferred majors include electrical engineering, civil engineering, business administration, finance/investment; or equivalent experience in project development.
As soon as possible