Schneider Electric is a global company that provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. It combines world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. Schneider Electric believes access to energy and digital is a basic human right. It has developed a pro-active access to energy approach relying on technology solutions, investment funds, and support for training and entrepreneurship.
- The position will be responsible for providing pre-sales support as technical customer consultant, prescribe solutions and effectively manage communication with customers based upon relevant segment expertise.
- Develop, support and deliver integrated, intelligent cross-domain solutions and process for Schneider Electric customers in key market segments.
- Understand customer needs and decision criteria in order to build differentiating solutions. Apprehend the technical complexity induced by the integration of numerous interconnected cross-domain components and manage the risks of the solution.
- Could spend a majority of time with customers to capture their needs and analyse the requirements, present potential ideas and fine tune solution through intensive customer interaction.
- Does not require Solutions Architect Professional certification.
About the role
- Pre-sales support, solution prescription of projects of average complexity, customer engagement with segment expertise and strong system engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of customer process and business, parameters to be optimised and decision criteria to bring a differentiating value to the customer.
- Analysing the exact customer needs to create solutions that meet the requirements of the customer. Capitalise specific market segment experience to propose solutions and architectures to satisfy customer performance needs. Optimal technical solutions will meet both Capex and Opex needs of the customer.
- Support the selling teams on customer engagements by sharing our technical/solutions capabilities and demonstrating our understanding of the customer's business drivers.
- Architecture gap analysis between customer needs & reference architecture. Adapt the process description to identify the key decision criteria of the customer and propose an adapted architecture. Meet with local customer needs and capitalise on references; architectures to reduce time and execution risks.
- Ambassador of the customer's voice during project delivery.
- Work collaboratively across all Schneider Electric BU's to engage technical and support staff to deliver full Schneider Electric offer to customer.
- Responsible for developing solutions in a specific segment for one country/several countries or an area within a country.
- Requires a technical degree or equivalent experience with at least 6 years in a product and service support environment, preferably in an application engineering position in a related industry.
- Thorough knowledge three-phase electrical systems and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of power conversion technology and electrical system designs.
- Knowledge of solar power system design, including grid-tie and off-grid/battery backup solutions, preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Bilingual - excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English & Spanish required. Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide presentation to consumers, installers, distributors, and service providers.
As soon as possible