SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands more than 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has launched a Call to Action targeting potential donors and partners. Through a market based collaborative programme approach, the aim of the solar Call to Action is to disseminate 5 million certified entry-level solar products to the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) in Sub-Saharan Africa. This will be achieved by triggering market parties to distribute quality products as a first step in building the market for sustainable, off-grid electrification. Also, by creating and incentivising sustainable supply and demand for energy products and by improving the enabling environment.
The Role of the Call to Action Coordinator is to coordinate the actions needed to engage the stakeholder community to join this initiative and to mobilise funds from donors. The Coordinator reports to the Global Sector Coordinator Sustainable Energy Markets while working closely together with senior SNV staff involved. While the position is initially for 1 year and for 20 hours a week, contract extension will be possible depending on successful resource mobilisation to implement the Call to Action interventions.
- Plan and coordinate the follow-up actions related to the launch of the Call to Action (CtA);
- Set up and coordinate scoping and market studies related to country, donor and partner selections and coordinate with in-country SNV staff;
- Analyse the outcome of the studies to feed and further develop the funding and partnership strategy and country selection;
- Profile and position SNV towards potentially interested donors, involving relevant technical and business development colleagues;
- Initiate and support proposal development to selected donors, follow up with targeted donors and partners;
- Further develop a communication & marketing plan in collaboration with the Marketing Communications Officer;
- Foster a vibrant energy in the selected countries and coordinate collaboration between countries regarding the CtA;
- Monitor profiling, scoping and business development activities at country level;
- Act as the start-up project manager after successfully acquiring funding.
- Master’s Degree in Energy, Business, International Development or related;
- Proven track record with at least 5 years of experience in the development sector in an international, multi-country context, including advisory work, design and project management of renewable energy projects;
- Extensive experience in market development projects, working with the private sector and government agencies in a multi-stakeholder approach;
- Proven track record in Business Development processes: profiling, positioning and successfully acquiring funding in an international development context, with experience engaging with relevant donors, funds and partners in the off-grid energy sector;
- Excellent communication (writing and oral), presentation and profiling skills in English and French, with experience in profiling an organisation in an international setting;
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in West-Africa;
- Willingness to frequently travel to donor and partner locations;
- Willingness to relocate to a Sub-Saharan African country, to start up a project after successfully acquiring funding. The level of effort is then expected to increase to full-time;
- Entrepreneurial and result-oriented.
SNV offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. You benefit from and contribute to an internal global network of development experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
Please apply by completing your application in our in-house recruitment system before 18 September 2017.
18 September 2017