We started Bboxx to tackle a major global problem: energy poverty. Currently, 840 million people live without access to energy, of which 650 million are in Africa. An additional billion people are connected to an unreliable grid.
We design, manufacture, distribute and finance decentralised energy solutions.
We are a vertically integrated business and our business model is based: our physical (distribution network) and digital (Bboxx Pulse) highways, our bold technology (hardware and software), and our partnerships.
Our Bboxx Pulse® platform enables next generation utility businesses to scale and reach their customers that are dispersed across remote locations.
We are expanding and scaling by forging strategic partnerships with governments and world-class corporates.
As Software Product Manager (Associate), you will be responsible for the “physical highway”: designing and implementing software solutions within Bboxx’s Pulse Platform to help NGUs deliver to and service hard-to-reach customers—building both the “Uber” of field technicians and “Amazon” of last-mile distribution. You will serve as a bridge between end customers, users, and software teams: understanding the business problems, designing processes and user interfaces, recommending make/buy decisions on software solutions, working with Bboxx development teams to build new software or integrate external software into Bboxx systems, and implementing change with NGU partners. This is a highly cross-functional role, working with other Product Associates, Product Owners and software teams, our internal Supply Chain and Accounting teams, and field teams on the ground.
About the role
Create and communicate vision for Credit & Payments:
- Understand NGUs’ business challenges and develop business cases for change, quantifying likely impact and prioritising projects.
- Communicate vision and KPIs to key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Develop a list of KPIs to help NGUs track technical and operational performance.
- Create an overall vision for the C&P product.
Analyse current problems with Credit & Payments:
- Run focus groups, design workshops and interviews to identify pain points.
- Gather and analyse quantitative data to confirm qualitative insights.
- Work closely with Hardware Product team to understand how processes need to be adapted.
- Ensure all logistics and technical service dashboards clearly communicate issue to users.
- Present findings in easily accessible format for general knowledge share.
- Communicate regularly and facilitate best practice sharing between NGU functional staff.
Design and develop software product improvements, ensuring that Pulse operations platform provides relevant information to the Inventory & Accounting systems to create payments and invoices, value inventory, and prevent fraud:
- Design and test business processes with users to address pain points.
- Keep business processes up to date in process management software.
- Write clear design documents and requirements for the Engineering team.
- Source external software and recommend make/buy decisions.
- Design dashboards and work with BI team to implement them, to give NGUs a “control room” for monitoring their business.
- Design and manage pilots and prototypes, with focus on measuring results.
Maintain and improve a set of software systems and business processes, as assigned by the Product Manager:
- Define business rules and clarify proper system operation for Development & Support teams.
- Contribute to front-end design by creating wireframes and sketches.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing between Product Owners and users.
Lead credit-specific features and reporting:
- PowerBI dashboards UI: consolidate feedback across all processes to ensure dashboards.
- Assist the Data Insight team with troubleshooting and testing dashboards and writing queries.
- Credit scoring algorithm: design logic for credit scoring across relevant processes, review technical design from Data Insight team to ensure it meets business requirements, and assess business value of credit scoring.
- Pay-As-You-Go: design and implement innovative features for improving collections and reducing defaults, such as overdrafts, refinancing, and seasonal pay plans.
- University degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, or Engineering.
- 2-5 years’ product management, consulting, or process optimisation, preferably in banking or credit.
- Effective communicator used to working with cross-cultural/functional teams.
- Fluency in English.
- Solid knowledge of statistical methods.
- Experience with Human-Centred Design.
- Experience in off-grid solar.
- Accounting background.
- Fluency in French.
- Familiarity with Agile project management framework.
As soon as possible