Aptech Africa is an EPC company that provides solar and water pumping solutions. We are headquartered in Uganda, but also have offices and operate in South Sudan, Central African Republic, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Niger, and Eastern DRC. Aptech provides solar water pumping, water purification and distribution, energy storage, mini-grids, PV hybrid, power and distribution, and solar street light and water heating solutions.
- manage financial systems and budgets
- undertake financial audits (an independent check of an organisation’s financial position)
- provide financial advice
- liaise with clients (individuals or businesses) and provide financial information and advice
- review the company's systems and analyse risk
- perform tests to check financial information and systems
- advise clients on tax planning (within current legislation to enable them to minimise their tax liability) and tax issues associated with activities such as business acquisitions and mergers
- maintain accounting records and prepare accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy)
- advise clients on business transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions (corporate finance)
- counsel clients on areas of business improvement, or dealing with insolvency
- detect and prevent fraud (forensic accounting)
- manage junior colleagues
- liaise with internal and external auditors (where applicable) and deal with any financial irregularities as they arise
- produce reports and recommendations following internal audits or public sector audits
- prepare financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
- arrange financial management reports, including financial planning and forecasting
- advise on tax and treasury issues
- negotiate terms with suppliers.
- BSc in Finance
- 5+ years of experience in the financial sector
- Experience with QuickBooks
Potential candidates that meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role should email a CV, academic documents, and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
As soon as possible