After 30+ years as pioneers in the PV modules manufacturing as SILFAB, GENIUS WATTER develops and delivers super-efficient reverse osmosis desalination brackish water systems fully solar powered and battery free, entirely sustainable and environmentally friendly. Our SRO systems can be installed in less than one month delivering fresh drinkable water from 6,000 to 1,000,000 litres / day to communities afflicted by water scarcity, farms, medium industries, hospitals and resorts.
We are looking for an International Sales & Business Development Manager as part of our team based in Padova, Italy. You will help Genius Watter expand its business in new markets, especially African ones, and build new strategic partnerships. You will identify business opportunities and will ensure positive business relationships with prospects and clients. Successful candidates are proactive results-oriented individuals with strong problem-solving skills that are able to persuade and negotiate efficiently across cultures and to work collaboratively with different stakeholders (e.g., NGOs, government institutions, private clients) and with internal teams.
About the role
- Develop short and long-term sales plans.
- With the support of internal teams, manage the sales process from the first contacts to the final stage.
- Build and maintain strong long-term relationships with prospects, customers and partners.
- Identify potential markets for development opportunities, and subsequently take them to execution, ensuring alignment with Genius Watter’s vision.
- Strengthen Genius Watter’s competitive position through a good knowledge of competitors, market, and identify new areas of business growth.
- Work closely with the marketing team to give support for fairs, webinars, digital content and campaigns, and targeted market research.
- Timely record prospect/client information in the Company’s CRM.
Successful candidates must possess:
- Passion to contribute to the development of a sustainable business.
- Ability to combine working on a strategic level with acting on an operational/tactical level.
- Ability to build trust and communicate clearly with different stakeholders in various situations.
- Ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- Experience in leading in a changing environment.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise work in order to make the most efficient use of available time.
- Ability to inspire others.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position.
- Proven experience in the renewable energy industry
- First-hand knowledge of local African markets is highly recommended.
- Fluency in written and spoken Italian and English (C1 level).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (e.g., Excel, Word).
Should be a plus:
- Proficiency in a third language: French and/or Portuguese.
- Academic background: Economics / Engineering.
- Knowledge of international contractual forms and legal documents (e.g., NDA, MOU, supply contracts).