Trama TecnoAmbiental (TTA) is an international consulting and engineering SME active since 1986 and based in Barcelona, Spain. Its main specialty is distributed renewable energy generation combined with energy management and efficiency in developing regions. In rural electrification, and particularly microgrids, TTA has been involved in studies, policy, deployment and capacity building in over 60 countries.
TTA’s team has international and cross-cultural experience at technological as well as institutional levels, including regulatory, financial and social aspects. Projects have been done in Europe, Americas, Africa, the Middle East, Oceania and Asia. Clients include governments, multilateral and bilateral institutions (WB UNDP, UNOPS, UNIDO, UNESCO, IDB, OLADE, IRENA, IEA, EC, AECID, and others), NGOs, local communities, individuals, private developers, contractors, electric utilities etc.
TTA was awarded the EUREC Technology Prize 2001, “for developing excellent system technology for rural electrification based on renewable energy sources, combined with an innovative, user-oriented approach for its implementation”.
In 2015, TTA was awarded with the Prize “Off-Grid Experts Awards” by the company Off-Grid Phaesun together with ARE, for excellence in the performance in the field of Off-Grid power supply, in the Category A “Product” for its “Electricity Dispenser”, a Smart Meter for microgrids.
TTA is seeking a Project Manager and Consultant to join the Asia & Pacific Unit of TTA. He/she will support and eventually lead Project Management, Technical and Commercial activities. The nature of projects will mainly be related to energy access through solar distributed PV or mini-grids. This might include on-grid and off-grid solar PV as well as hybrid technologies.He/she will report to the Asia & Pacific Regional Team Leader.
The Energy Analyst will work in the following areas:
- Overall project management: control project timeline and budget, lead project teams and meeting deadlines, coordinate the collaboration with external partners
- Client engagement: develop and maintain professional customer relations by participating in calls, meetings and field missions
- Prepare project deliverables: prepare data analysis, technical reports and other deliverables required by the project in a timely manner and with high quality writing
- Field missions. Travel to project sites when required
- Demand assessments: Conduct demand profile studies based on data gathered and field measurements
- Feasibility Studies: Conduct technical and economic feasibility studies for Solar PV plants and mini-grid projects. Conduct energy planning studies
- Conceptualise technical solutions: Support the definition of technical solutions from the project and the client needs; Use simulation tools such as PV Syst and HOMER Pro and in-house tools; Liaise with the engineering department to define the concept designs. Develop proprietary tools and energy models as needed for given assignments
- Procurement documents: Elaborate and coordinate team for the preparation of Technical Specifications for bidding documents, Support on the elaboration of administrative procurement documentation, participation in tender evaluations.
- Financial and business models and delivery schemes: Carry out or review institutional framework analysis as well as financial and economic models, Business Model, Tariff Setting, Revenue stream definition Client Policy, Funds mobilisation, Costing
- Institutional, Policy and Regulatory Support: develop strategic and planning documents in the field of sustainable energy, policy and regulatory frameworks, tariff setting among others
- Capacity building: prepare and deliver trainings for public and private stakeholders
- Support business development. Support the Team Leader and commercial department in identifying and preparing proposals
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
- A technical degree is desired
- Specific education in renewable energies, energy efficiency and management, sustainable energy and/or energy access will be an advantage
Previous Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the energy sector is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Project Management.
- The following will be valued:
- Experience in development cooperation
- Experience in engaging with clients
- Experience in Asia-Pacific
- Knowledge in any of the following will be valued:
- Large Solar PV plants
- Rooftop PV plants
- Other renewable energies: small wind, bioenergy
- Power distribution
- Energy storage
- Grid modelling
- Power Tariffs
- Procurement processes from international organisations
- International experience is highly desirable
- Fluency in English with excellent writing skills
- Excellent command in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel are required.
- Experience with solar PV design software (HOMER or PV SYST), Electrical Power System Analysis Software (e.g. Open DSS, Power Factory), QGIS (or relevant GIS software), Microsoft Project or AutoCAD will be valued.
- Passionate about renewable energies and sustainable development
- Motivation to travel internationally
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
- Ability to positively engage with other team members
- Analytical skills, efficient designing and implementing of processes
- Willing to adapt to a flexible working environment and bring new ideas
- Methodical and well organised
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively, learn quickly and develop innovative solutions
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
As soon as possible