Founded in 1997, Trina Solar is the world's leading comprehensive solutions provider for solar energy. We believe close cooperation with our partners is criticial to success. Trina Solar now distributes its PV products to over 130 countries all over the world. Trina is able to provide exceptional services to each customer in each market and supplement our innovative, reliable products with the backing of Trina as a strong, bankable partner. We are commited to building strategic, mutually beneficial collaboration with installers, developers, distrobutors and other partners.
Join us as a Project Development Manager - Energy Storage and be part of an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment to proactively support the definition and implementation of the expansion strategy of the Project Business Unit through the origination, development and expansion of the Energy Storage Project opportunities, also including the establishment of global partnership, contacts and networking with developers, equity partners, off-takers and final consumers in the European market.
About the role
The Development Manager will take responsibility for projects from acquired sites all the way through to project financial close and handover to the construction/delivery team.
Managing projects through all development processes including:
- Obtaining planning approvals
- Securing legal and commercial agreements
- Managing technical on and off-site designs
- Securing and maintaining electrical connections
- Obtaining relevant environmental permits
- Managing consultants, technology and connections suppliers
- Anticipating and mitigating development risk
- Budgetary and development program responsibility
- The individual must be a creative problem-solver with an ability to combine legal, planning, technical and commercial knowledge to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- A driven individual who has expertise and experience in the development of energy projects.
- 10+ years' track record in obtaining planning consents and managing numerous projects simultaneously with a solid understanding of the energy development processes.
- Financial management experience - agreeing and managing budgets.
- An understanding and experience of property agreements relevant to developing energy projects.
- Exceptional professional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Persuasive and influential, able to get results from a matrix of resources.
- Very organised, with an ability to autonomously manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to be assertive when appropriate.
- A passion for renewable energy, with the ability to multi-task and manage effectively and accurately in a deadline-driven, challenging environment.
As soon as possible