SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands more than 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Through a market-based approach, the project will partner with the private sector to establishing and strengthening supply and distribution of quality off-grid solar powered systems and clean cooking solutions, resulting to increased productivity, employment creation and increased incomes, therefore contribution towards the nation’s economic development. Therefore, the project will provide support to the stoves and solar producers or manufacturers and their rural distribution partners.
The project will closely monitor project implementation including activities implemented by the beneficiary organisations, results and theory of change resulting from the project interventions. This will involve coordinating delivery of the results and reporting including sales data and information on business transformation from the individual beneficiaries. The scope of work will thereofe involve analysis, verificatiosn and validation of of the data and information provided by the beneficiaries.
About the role
Reporting to the Lead Advisor EnDev, the data analyst will support internal and external data analysis and verification processes for the EnDev project components. The data analyst will therefore undertake the following:
- In close collaboration and consultation with the project team, ensure monthly data collection and/or follow-up to ensure beneficiary submissions within 2 weeks after the end of the reporting month i.e. by the 15th day of the following month.
- Review and validate beneficiary data reports including compliance, eligibility, and quality (completeness, accuracy, and veracity) checks based on project guidelines, approved products for support through the project, eligible counties, and other project requirements.
- Undertake, facilitate, or support internal verification processes including phone verification, monitoring visits/spot checks, validation of beneficiary data and progress reports, and completion of internal verification reports.
- Where applicable and in close consultation with the project team, facilitate and support independent verification agents, market and baseline studies, and project assessments, on aspects related to data reviews and analysis including ensuring quality control on data verification processes and review/completion of data and verification reports.
- Lead the data and trend analysis tasks to facilitate progress monitoring and overall project progress reporting.
- Contribute towards knowledge development through in-depth data analytics of project experiences and performance trends.
- Contribute to SNV’s business development and provide needs-based support to other projects/programmes/initiatives, in particular on M&E coordination.
- At least 2 years of experience in the data analytics and/or M&E sector.
- Relevant degree in social sciences, computer sciences or similar data-heavy discipline.
- Professional experience in the off-grid energy sector is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other programmes for data collection (e.g. AkvoFlow and similar) and data management/analysis (e.g. SPSS, PowerBI).
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently with a range of actors in challenging environments and geographic settings.
- Strong commitment, passion and positive attitude to work.
- Organised and methodical, with attention to detail.
17 September 2021