We started Bboxx to tackle a major global problem: energy poverty. Currently, 840 million people live without access to energy, of which 650 million are in Africa. An additional billion people are connected to an unreliable grid.
We design, manufacture, distribute and finance decentralised energy solutions.
We are a vertically integrated business and our business model is based: our physical (distribution network) and digital (Bboxx Pulse) highways, our bold technology (hardware and software), and our partnerships.
Our Bboxx Pulse® platform enables next generation utility businesses to scale and reach their customers that are dispersed across remote locations.
We are expanding and scaling by forging strategic partnerships with governments and world-class corporates.
BBOXX is building Pulse, the next generation utility platform to deliver a range of life-enhancing services, from solar to cooking gas to internet, to hard-to-reach customers in developing countries. You will be responsible for analysing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating a set of processes that form the BBOXX operating model. You will drive the vision for integrating 3rd party products (both HW and SW) and payment channels into Pulse, build tools and training to implement change, and will be the subject matter expert for this part of the business. You will own the metrics around the vision and will have control over the strategies you choose to improve the product and payment integrations.
As Product Associate Integrations, you will be responsible for managing 3rd party integration projects from start to finish: creating relationships with 3rd parties (telcos, banks, subsidy providers, TV companies, and others), ensuring projects stick to timelines and stay on budget, and serving as the essential link between the business, development teams, and 3rd parties. You will also advise the business on product, payment and other integration requirements as needed, as part of cross-functional teams.
About the role
- Manage integration projects from start to finish.
- Initiate relationships with 3rd parties, including telcos, banks, TV companies, governments, and others.
- Create project plans for integrations: map roles and responsibilities, set timelines, and create budgets.
- Ensure all documentation is completed, and relevant parties have access to needed documentation.
- Facilitate development during integrations: check progress against timelines, follow-up on delays, schedule meetings, resolve communication issues between parties, oversee testing.
- Oversee handover from 3rd party developers: ensure Bboxx has necessary documentation (including well-commented code) to allow Bboxx to support the integration.
- Manage relationships with 3rd parties and local operating partners (NGUs).
- Maintain relationships with NGU partners to understand integration needs.
- Respond to escalated support requests and coordinate resolution between 3rd parties, NGUs, and Group.
- Escalate issues to 3rd party partners and follow them through to resolution.
- Maintain regular communication with 3rd party partners and proactively update Bboxx of any issues (i.e. changes to commercial terms or technical details of integration).
- Work on other payment-related projects as directed by the Pulse Product Manager from time-to-time, and advise the business on integrations and digital payments.
- Act as subject matter expert for cross-functional project/product design teams where integrations or payments are involved.
- Advise the business on payments strategy – for example, how to price a payments API, or whether it makes sense for Bboxx Sales Agents to act as mobile money agents.
- Design and implement improvements to the payment platform, such as an automated refunds process or validating payments based on additional fields.
Example of projects:
- Integrate Bboxx payments service with a telco in Benin.
- Launch a USSD menu in DRC.
- Integrate Bboxx with a subsidy payments provider in Rwanda to automatically trigger subsidy payments when a customer pays.
- Advise the Innovation team on technical requirements for setting up a “pay over the phone” feature.
- Design a two-step process for validating payment against a customer account using both account number and sender phone number.
- University degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 4+ years’ experience in digital payments, with roles in both business and technical fields, preferably with experience in multiple African and/or Asian markets.
- Communicator with clarity in cross-cultural situations.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in off-grid solar.
- Fluency in French.
- Experience writing software code (especially Python).
- Familiarity with Agile project management framework.
- Experience with Human-Centred Design.
As soon as possible