Angaza creates technology that enables businesses to provide affordable life-changing products to people in emerging markets.
Angaza is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented People Operations Coordinator to join the team. This role will be responsible for the administration and support of key HR functions for our US-based employees including recruitment, on and offboarding and office/facilities management. The People Operations Coordinator will be a culture champion and will own the design and implementation of employee events. Finally, the People Operations Coordinator will assist the team with various administrative and special projects.
The People Operations Coordinator will report to the Vice President of People Operations and will collaborate closely with our Bay Area-based Operations Manager as well as liaise with our global team. This position is currently based remotely but will need to be within commuting distance of Angaza's San Francisco office once we reopen (anticipated to be in September/October 2021).
About the role
Responsibilities: Recruitment & Onboarding/Offboarding:
- Own all aspects of recruitment administration for US-based positions including posting roles in our ATS (Lever), the Angaza website, additional posting sites as needed, tracking spend, candidate scheduling, updating candidate status in Lever and performing ATS cleanup as needed.
- Work with the Marketing team to cross-post roles on social media accounts e.g. Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Conduct first level resume screening for various roles as needed.
- Maintain and update documentation of recruiting procedures.
- Track and report on recruiting metrics weekly.
- Own onboarding administration in the US office including follow up with candidates once offer has been accepted, equipment ordering, scheduling of onboarding sessions, facilitating welcome events, and ensuring a seamless new hire experience.
- Maintain and update documentation of onboarding procedures.
- Create and maintain employee e-files.
- Facilitate offboarding process including equipment return, final paycheck and exit interview coordination.
Responsibilities: Workplace Experience Support:
- Coordinate smooth running of the office once we reopen including helping team members book workstations/meeting rooms, ensure that reopening processes are clearly outlined and communicated.
- Coordinate vendors including security, alarm, janitorial services as needed.
- Coordinate meetings for individual teams including booking venues, ordering food, and coordinating team activities.
- Manage employee workstation setup including ordering equipment for new hires and coordinating replacement equipment for current employees.
- Coordinate individual co-working space memberships for employees as needed.
- Employee events - act as employee culture ambassador including scheduling, communicating, and hosting staff events; manage birthday and anniversary communication; schedule executive office hours/small group meetings.
Responsibilities: People Operations Administration:
- Keep HR records including organisational chart up to date.
- Act as payroll backup.
- May assist with some benefits administration tasks as needed, including liaising with our external benefits broker to respond to employee queries, especially during onboarding and offboarding.
- Handle purchase requests across all San Francisco departments; work with the Finance team to record purchases appropriately.
- Support with other POps admin tasks as needed including managing company e-sign account.
- Facilitate travel and accommodation bookings (note: corporate travel is currently paused due to COVID-19; anticipated to resume by 2022).
- Coordinate and publish a bi-weekly company newsletter.
- Special projects including but not limited to supporting Angaza’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, training and development initiatives.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in HR (preferred) or another field.
- Have 3+ years of related experience in a People Operations/Human Resources support role.
- Have experience using an Applicant Tracking System (Lever preferred, experience managing a Wordpress site preferred).
- Are motivated by helping others.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Have strong project management skills, and are an expert at managing your own time.
- Bring creativity and enthusiasm to “people projects”.
- Are a self starter and embody a can-do attitude.
- Are resourceful and coachable.
- Are self aware and reflective.
- Want to be part of changing lives.
- Exemplify Angaza’s values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative.
As soon as possible