EDP Renováveis (Euronext: EDPR) is a leading, global renewable energy company devoted to value creation, innovation and sustainability. EDPR develops wind farms since 1996 and was first listed publicly in June 2008. EDP Renováveis’s renewable energy business now comprises the development, construction and operation of wind farms and solar plants to generate and deliver clean electricity.
EDPR operates in markets around the globe. Currently, it has business interests in generation of renewable energy, namely wind and solar, and is present in 12 different countries.
Development of Energy Planning, Market analysis and Regulation assessment tasks, for potential new geographies through the delivery of analysis needed for company’s strategic decisions in terms of organisational energy portfolio, investment decisions (international expansion), budget and business plan definition.
About the role
- Market analysis and modelling: Monitor the regulatory and electricity market environment in existing EDPR Europe geographies and potential new geographies with special focus on performing power market prices forecasting and revenue modelling for different technologies (wind, solar PV and ESS).
- Regulatory assessment and support in advocacy tasks: Propose and conduct with the support of the team the necessary analysis to quantify the impacts on the portfolio of EDPR of different regulatory proposals both at national and European (EU) level to assess risks and opportunities. Support EDPR active role in national and international industry associations.
- International development: Support in screening process, prioritisation, selection and design of the market strategy for entering new countries to ensure compliance with EDPR’s international growth strategy. In close collaboration with the International Growth Department, analyse potential investment opportunities in pre-selected markets in terms of revenue streams and remuneration-related risks.
- Analysis of technology evolution: Support in the analysis of the competitive situation of new potential technologies: research regulation and the market/cost evolution, potential growth and geographical areas where they may become attractive.
- Resource management
- Required academic skills: Degree in Engineering
- Required professional experience: 3-5 years in Strategy or Management Consulting (in energy area) or in an industrial company in a similar role or in departments linked to strategy, energy management or energy planning.
- Required knowledge: Languages: fluent in Spanish and English
- Strong analytical skills, well-rounded modelling capabilities.
- Desirable Knowledge of electricity sector and regulatory functioning.
- Matlab or GAMS is also a plus
- Analytical skills: Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented.
- IT skills: Advanced skills in office tools (excel, PowerPoint and Word).
As soon as possible