Gham Power Nepal Private Limited is a renewable-energy focused social enterprise based in Kathmandu, Nepal. Founded in 2010 by Sandeep Giri, a start-up veteran and co-founder of Logical Matrix (later acquired by Oracle), our initial goals were focused on reducing the burden that excessive power outages (as high as 16 hours a day in dry seasons) posed on Nepal’s urban population. Having installed over 2500 solar projects that cumulatively generate 2.5 MW of electricity, Gham played its part in urban electrification and soon after shifted focus to under-served rural markets by 2013.
We are also the first enterprise to install Microgrid in rural Nepal; the first energy enterprise in Nepal to adopt PAYG schemes; and during 2015’s massive earthquake that killed more than 10,000 with a substantial incidence in rural areas, we were one of the first corporate responders with low-cost, portable mobile charging and lighting devices.
As a Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for assisting the management of marketing operations under the supervision of the Marketing Manager. You will be collaborating with the marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns and will help develop, expand and maintain marketing channels.
About the role
Development of Marketing Campaigns and Materials:
- Work with the Marketing Manager in developing and executing offline and online marketing strategies and marketing campaigns inside and outside the Kathmandu valley.
- Coordinate with other departments to generate content for designing marketing materials when necessary.
- Work with the Marketing Manager in devising all marketing and promotion materials, including presentations, videos, newsletters, flyers, brochures, flex, stickers, calendars, goodies, manuals, testimonials, training content, etc.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in copywriting digital ads, mass media ads, promotional video scripts, newsletters, website pages, promotional materials, etc.
- Work with the Marketing Manager in tracking, monitoring and reviewing marketing performance indicators.
- Independently lead tasks and projects as required.
Digital Marketing Execution:
- Perform research for content, trends and audience preference (news, videos, images) to share on social media, and on how our competitors are handling their digital platforms.
- Develop social media content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Collect materials and design posts for social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
- Reply to comments, and messages on social media accounts to build better branding, generate leads and maintain better customer relationships.
- Forward social media queries and leads to concerned departments and make a record.
- Maintain records of paid and unpaid social media posts on all platforms.
- Create engaging content to regularly share blog posts, project posts and other website content.
- Create engaging content for email marketing through e-newsletters.
- Regularly monitor Google Analytics and social media analytics and produce monthly reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a similar field (Completed or completing soon – both are acceptable).
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing, and how social media marketing works.
- Proven experience of working in devising both offline and online marketing.
- Proficient in graphic designing and video editing.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team player.
- Ability to multitask.
- Openness and curiosity to learn new things.
- Females are encouraged to apply.
As soon as possible