We started Bboxx to tackle a major global problem: energy poverty. Currently, 840 million people live without access to energy, of which 650 million are in Africa. An additional billion people are connected to an unreliable grid.
We design, manufacture, distribute and finance decentralised energy solutions.
We are a vertically integrated business and our business model is based: our physical (distribution network) and digital (Bboxx Pulse) highways, our bold technology (hardware and software), and our partnerships.
Our Bboxx Pulse® platform enables next generation utility businesses to scale and reach their customers that are dispersed across remote locations.
We are expanding and scaling by forging strategic partnerships with governments and world-class corporates.
The Market Research Associate will design and implement research methods, processes and drive research activities across Bboxx markets. You will collect and assess consumer preferences to help BBOXX decide on strategic decisions.
About the role
- Undertake customer research to support the Product Managers and Expansion Managers on product and new country research as requested.
- Design and manage key market data: NPS, awareness and brand attributes.
- Establish the process, methods to carry out pilot, focus groups and other types of research (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Keep updating the market metrics and create new metrics to identify market positioning.
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, focus groups, questionnaires, and opinion polls.
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and marketplace and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations.
- Create a visual of industry trends and of competitors so organisations can predict how products and services will fare in the marketplace.
- Manage the competition landscape analysis.
- Keep the database of competitive data for Bboxx at B2B and B2C levels updated.
- Interpret the data, organise this information into statistical tables and reports.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data sources when available to gather data and successfully generate results.
- Use a variety of methods including focus groups, surveys, competitor, and industry research to produce useful customer insight data and make recommendations to stakeholders.
- Build a deep understanding of our customers base and provide feedback for measurable change to improve the member experience and meet our company goals.
- Assist the Head of Market Research & Consumer Insights in conducting training programs for country market research members and review designs of internal research projects and validation of market data analysis from BBOXX markets.
- A degree in statistics, mathematics, or the sciences.
- About 2+ years of experience working on consumer insights projects or customer experience data analysis.
- Strong analytic skills with experience in statistical modelling and demonstrated ability to generate actionable insights from feedback analysis.
- Strong communication, analytical, critical thinking, and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of insights-supporting applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, etc. and proficiency in market research tools such as TOMA, NPS, User Testing, focus group facilitation, etc.
- Passion for marketing research, consumer insights and reliance on data.
- Ability to work closely and well with team members and cross-departmentally, working towards the goals of the company.
As soon as possible