Connected Energy’s smart meters for solar PV and biogas allow off-grid energy businesses to digitise and scale.
Our low-cost tech for biogas and solar is bringing new opportunities for off-grid energy businesses in over 15 countries. Our products reduce costs for our customers, enabling them to deliver clean electricity and cooking fuel to those in hard to reach places.
The Connected Energy team is based in the UK and India, and serves the global energy access market.
About the role
As a lead software developer, you will have a delivery and leadership role to strengthen our team:
- Mentoring team members.
- Guide our technical strategy and architecture decisions.
- Ensuring the delivery of product features into product releases at the required level of quality.
- Pro-actively participating in the full development lifecycle.
- Leveraging expertise to ensure quality of product throughout all stages of the development lifecycle.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with at least 5 years of experience in software development. Ideally, you will also have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a relevant subject, or additional years of work experience.
We arere looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, guide technical decisions and mentor team members.
- Good communication skills as a core member of a social enterprise with an international scope and teams in Edinburgh, London and Bangalore.Passion for web technologies and a desire to remain up to date with the latest technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be self-motivated to problem solve, debug and bring tasks to completion.
Ideally, you have experience with:
- SQL database such as Postgres (required)
- Python and Django, or similar backend framework such as Node.js (desirable)
- React (desirable)
- TypeScript (bonus)
- GraphQL (bonus)
- Flutter (bonus)
As soon as possible