Gham Power Nepal Private Limited is a renewable-energy focused social enterprise based in Kathmandu, Nepal. Founded in 2010 by Sandeep Giri, a start-up veteran and co-founder of Logical Matrix (later acquired by Oracle), our initial goals were focused on reducing the burden that excessive power outages (as high as 16 hours a day in dry seasons) posed on Nepal’s urban population. Having installed over 2500 solar projects that cumulatively generate 2.5 MW of electricity, Gham played its part in urban electrification and soon after shifted focus to under-served rural markets by 2013.
We are also the first enterprise to install Microgrid in rural Nepal; the first energy enterprise in Nepal to adopt PAYG schemes; and during 2015’s massive earthquake that killed more than 10,000 with a substantial incidence in rural areas, we were one of the first corporate responders with low-cost, portable mobile charging and lighting devices.
About the role
- Ensure that the implementation timeline for installation is properly followed.
- Verify installation materials and BoQ with the help of the Design Engineer.
- Assist in overseeing Commercial and Industrial Solar Systems and Water Pump Systems. Help manage contractors, vendors, and customers related to solar projects.
- Through Site Survey, find out the best location for the solar panel, battery and inverter placement, prepare the drawing and BoQ Estimation as per the site requirements.
- Prepare installation report for projects and perform final testing and commissioning of the projects.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports on mail/google drive or similar software.
- Keep oneself abreast with the latest trends in technology and perform market research as needed.
- Bachelor or Diploma in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. It is mandatory to have 2-3 years of experience in Solar PV installation or similar related works.
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD. Candidate must be able to prepare the drawing (Solar site plan/Section) SLD, water pumping civil drawings after site survey or as required.
- Sound knowledge of water pumping projects along with civil works.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to speak and write in English.
- Proficient Knowledge in using Excel and Word.
- Driving license (at least Two-wheeler ownership).
- Willingness to travel to remote project sites.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and get tasks done with minimal supervision.
As soon as possible