We started Bboxx to tackle a major global problem: energy poverty. Currently, 840 million people live without access to energy, of which 650 million are in Africa. An additional billion people are connected to an unreliable grid.
We design, manufacture, distribute and finance decentralised energy solutions.
We are a vertically integrated business and our business model is based: our physical (distribution network) and digital (Bboxx Pulse) highways, our bold technology (hardware and software), and our partnerships.
Our Bboxx Pulse® platform enables next generation utility businesses to scale and reach their customers that are dispersed across remote locations.
We are expanding and scaling by forging strategic partnerships with governments and world-class corporates.
You will be responsible for creating innovative strategies and the associated project roadmaps for improving sales, agent network management and developing effective tools which will help Bboxx operations to surpass their sales targets and a sustainable retail network.
About the role
- Identify vision to realise 10X increase in sales in Bboxx markets.
- Define and deliver on the short and long-term sales strategies relevant for each Bboxx operation by conveying the commercial B2C sales objectives to the local markets effectively.
- Manage improvement projects with the pulse team to improve the retail network.
- Ensure retail best strategies are followed in all Bboxx Operations in Africa.
- Find clever ways to analyse the sales results in order to find improvement opportunities.
- Identify a set of key projects that will enable Managing Directors of Bboxx operations to meet their sales targets/objectives.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure the B2C value propositions are in line with the brand vision and communications framework.
- Analyse sales channel strategy and structure, especially the agent sales network. Review the incentives in place and propose recommendations through a business case with clear ROI.
- Provide coaching and training to the Retail team across Bboxx operations and improve the skills of the retail team.
- Provide training, scheduling, coaching, and managing sales teams to meet sales objectives.
- 7-10 years experience in a senior marketing/sales role leading and coaching a team.
- Proven success stories of performing above expectations on strengthening the company’s sales channels & sustainable strategies.
- Team player capable of effectively communicating with a large variety of external and internal stakeholders (at Group and Country Operations level).
- Strong analytical, organisational, and creative thinking skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis and report writing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in English, Fluency in French is a plus.
- Experience in the off-grid energy sector would be a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile Project Management frameworks.
- Experience with the Human Centred Design approach.
As soon as possible