We started Bboxx to tackle a major global problem: energy poverty. Currently, 840 million people live without access to energy, of which 650 million are in Africa. An additional billion people are connected to an unreliable grid.
We design, manufacture, distribute and finance decentralised energy solutions.
We are a vertically integrated business and our business model is based: our physical (distribution network) and digital (Bboxx Pulse) highways, our bold technology (hardware and software), and our partnerships.
Our Bboxx Pulse® platform enables next generation utility businesses to scale and reach their customers that are dispersed across remote locations.
We are expanding and scaling by forging strategic partnerships with governments and world-class corporates.
The Head of Finance role is to direct and oversee all the financial activities, overall financial management and systems, to include the preparation of current financial reports and forecasts for future business growth and oversee accounting, costing, procurement, tax planning as well as develop strategies to maximize return on investment.
About the role
- Participate in the development of the corporate strategy and implement operational policies and corporate plans.
- Develop annual budget and plans including forecasts and/or projections.
- Evaluate, utilise, and improve accounting system to enhance functionality of financial management and reporting.
- Review and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure stronger internal controls.
- Provide accurate and timely financial and management reports where appropriate.
- Monitor and control the flow of cash receipts and disbursements to meet the business and investment needs of the company.
- Oversee investments and income.
- Prepare audit schedule and liaise with external auditors for periodic audit and inspections.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly tagged, amortised, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Establish rapport and communication with banks fund managers and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate reporting of inter-company transactions.
- Oversee monthly stock audit, calculate and record inventory shrinkage & receivable write off.
- Develop P&L as well as monthly management accounts (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow).
- Issue Board reports and perform tax filing and issue statutory reports.
- Ensuring full compliance with legal, tax and secretarial requirements.
- Timely preparation and submission of returns to regulatory and statutory authorities.
- Lead the accounting team to document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Implement and continuously update departmental workflows for Finance and client contracts in order to strengthen internal controls.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff in accordance with the company policies, procedures, processes and systems in place.
- Review and submit financial records for receipts, payables and cash flows in a timely manner.
- Conducting action oriented financial and operational related analysis.
- Creating ongoing business intelligence reporting and evaluating organisation through data driven metrics.
- Identifying and implementing team-upskilling and training programs.
- Management reporting, taxation, risk management, financial budgeting process, and special projects (e.g treasury management, fundraising and investor reporting).
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, and developing the finance teams.
- University degree Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent from a recognised institution. Master’s degree preferably MBA will be an added advantage.
- CPA/ACCA/ CA or equivalent.
- Experience in OHADA reporting.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- MUST have at least five (5) years’ experience in a busy commercial environment, two (2) of which must be at senior management level.
- Finance & Strategic Planning experience preferably in an FMCG company or Utility Company.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contemporary financial principles and practices and reporting.
- Experience in Financial Management Systems, Business/Department strategy formulation and execution.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills managing team/department performance and staff.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
- Proficient user of finance software.
Skills and Attributes:
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- High integrity and ethical level.
- Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality.
- Have great attention to detail and able to get things done to completion.
- Fluent in French and English.
As soon as possible