A non-profit international development organisation founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalisation. We strive for a world where all people are heard, capable and vibrant.
The Finance Specialist (Business Development / Pricing) works closely with staff at headquarters and in the field to support the development of pricing models, cost proposals, detailed budgets and budget notes for all Pact’s project around the world for public and private donors. This position will also manage Pricing data and reporting. This position works under the general supervision of the Director for Pricing. This is an entry/mid-level position based in DC.
About the role
- Provide support for bid/no-bid decisions, helping Pricing team analyse solicitations (RFA, RFP, ITT, etc.) and potential financial risks.
- Support the development of cost proposals, including budgets, budget notes and other pricing and financial modeling, in accordance with solicitation instructions, technical approach, corporate policies and donors’ requirements.
- Develop, modify, and customise budget checklists and budget templates to ensure all internal and external cost/pricing requirements are met, while utilising advanced Excel spreadsheet techniques.
- In coordination with Country Offices and other HQ teams, gather and verify cost information, to be used on proposal budgets to ensure accuracy and quality of proposal budgets.
- Coordinate finalisation and do quality control to ensure budget documents are at a high-quality standard for submission; and that those have been endorsed and signed by respective senior management staff members.
- Proof and edit budget narratives to accompany budget for review.
- Manage all pricing data and reporting (in Salesforce and Pricing Report), tracking and documenting proposals that are submitted as well as recording win/loss notifications.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations between the Pricing report and Salesforce, to ensure data on submissions, pipeline and wins are consistent across the organisation. Liaise with Opportunity Development and Agreement Management as needed to ensure consistency.
- Work closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis team on budget uploading into Adaptive System.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting, International Commerce or related field.
- Five years of relevant working experience (with two years of experience in finance or pricing)
- Deep knowledge of Excel; skills to create finance models and reports; pivot table, macros, Vlookup, data validation, formulas and logic statements (e.g. if/and/or/sumif functions).
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations.
- Able to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team.
- Detailed oriented and analytical
- Great communicator; Fluent and proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Experience in an international organisation or in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
- Experience in estimating and pricing mid- to large-size contracting mechanisms for USAID and non-USAID projects is a plus.
- Understanding of federal award regulations (e.g.2 CFR 200, DBA, FAR, CAS, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
As soon as possible