The Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) is an international business association that promotes the sustainable decentralised renewable energy industry for the 21st century, is activating markets for affordable energy services, and is creating local jobs and inclusive economies in Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin-America/Caribbean.
We are recruiting a ‘Finance, HR & Administration Officer’ starting as soon as possible, reporting to the CEO.
About the role
- Completeness and correctness of all expense and revenue accounts in both general and analytical accounting, as well as compliance with financial and tax obligations (VAT declarations, Tax return and special tax forms), in collaboration with external accountant.
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and implement the year end closing processes and procedure.
- Payment procedures, process of payments as well as outgoing invoicing and cash collection process (account receivables, reminders, etc…).
- Financial management of projects, incl reporting, auditing and procurement (eg grants, service agreements, other public funds).
- Financial reporting, cash flow forecast, internal audit process, cost controlling, presentation of financial report, advising on tax optimisation and cost effectiveness.
- Preparation of budget for the association, budget for projects and events, and supervision of the overall budget.
- Assistance with and review of all the legal aspects of any commitment signed off by ARE.
- Financial and economic monitoring.
- Liaise with external accountant.
- Compliance with Belgian social and employment obligations.
- HR administration and correspondence such as employment contracts, maternity/paternity and holiday documents, social security documents, legal requirements.
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date.
- Drafting job descriptions for each function, advising on targets and goals per function, preparing and running assessment procedures, proposing bonus system in function of retention and alignment.
- Recruitment and selection procedures, conducting interviews.
- Processing the monthly payroll administration, advice on payroll management and optimising remuneration packages and bonuses.
- Advising on training and development programmes; organising orientation/induction programmes for new starters.
- Liaison with social secretariat.
- Ensure that insurances are up to date.
- Office management function.
- Support to organising meetings and organising events, incl bookings.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 0-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of Belgian framework relevant for the abovementioned responsibilities.
- English (ARE working language) as well as French or Dutch.
- Can-do attitude, rigorous attention to detail, proactive.
- Experience working for a business association or other non-profit organisation desirable.
- IT literate (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience in working with accounting software and invoicing platform (Koalaboox, PayPal, Stripe) desirable.
- Right to live and work in Belgium.
- Full-time job (4/5 negotiable).
- Employment contract for an indefinite period.
- Salary package commensurate with experience.
- International fast-paced work environment with offices in the heart of Europe.
- Making a difference by advancing both renewables and energy access.
- Working with highly motivated colleagues in a start-up atmosphere.
- On-the-job training.
How to apply
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should address their application (CV, 1-page motivation letter indicating earliest starting date and salary expectations) to Mr. David Lecoque, CEO, ARE on firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.