Trama TecnoAmbiental (TTA) is an international consulting and engineering SME active since 1986 and based in Barcelona, Spain. Its main specialty is distributed renewable energy generation combined with energy management and efficiency in developing regions. In rural electrification, and particularly microgrids, TTA has been involved in studies, policy, deployment and capacity building in over 60 countries.
TTA’s team has international and cross-cultural experience at technological as well as institutional levels, including regulatory, financial and social aspects. Projects have been done in Europe, Americas, Africa, the Middle East, Oceania and Asia. Clients include governments, multilateral and bilateral institutions (WB UNDP, UNOPS, UNIDO, UNESCO, IDB, OLADE, IRENA, IEA, EC, AECID, and others), NGOs, local communities, individuals, private developers, contractors, electric utilities etc.
TTA was awarded the EUREC Technology Prize 2001, “for developing excellent system technology for rural electrification based on renewable energy sources, combined with an innovative, user-oriented approach for its implementation”.
In 2015, TTA was awarded with the Prize “Off-Grid Experts Awards” by the company Off-Grid Phaesun together with ARE, for excellence in the performance in the field of Off-Grid power supply, in the Category A “Product” for its “Electricity Dispenser”, a Smart Meter for microgrids.
TTA is seeking a Field & Design Engineer to join the Technical and Construction Department of TTA. Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Field & Design Engineer will develop grid-connected and stand-alone renewable energy electrification projects worldwide. The job within the team will particularly focus on the design and supervision of solar hybrid plants from tens of kW up to the MW range as well as on low and medium voltage distribution line layout.
The Field & Design Engineer will work in the following areas, listed according to priority:
- Plant design: Work in technical designs, particularly in the above mentioned capacity range and in distribution grids, calculation, layout, bill of quantities, technical specification writing of renewable energy based solutions, with a strong focus on mini grids. This includes but not limited to mini grid plants, energy storage, control and monitoring systems, transformation and distribution lines layout.
- Owner’s engineering: Advisory services to Institutional and private Clients on project development, operation, and tender preparation and construction. Review and evaluation of technical and financial proposals by contractors including provision of support in the negotiations with winning bidders, coordination of grant disbursements and provision of technical assistance to the winning bidders.
- Construction management: Planning of plant construction and supervision, including eventual field work with the supervision of subcontractors for electrical, civil, mechanical work. Tight control of quality and timeline.
- Project proposal preparation: Support to the Business Development department in preparing proposals, in particular preparing technical methodologies, bill of materials, budgets and technical drawings for proposals.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
- Educational Background: A Master’s degree in electric engineering or similar is required. Specific education in renewable energies, sustainable energy and/or energy access will be an advantage.
- Previous Work Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in electrical engineering is required. Minimum 2 years of experience in solar PV and other sustainable energy sources is required. Experience in MW range clean-energy generation and low and medium voltage distribution lines is desirable.
- International Experience: Experience in developing countries is not required but desirable.
- Language: Fluency in English and French is required. Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese will be an added value.
- Computer Skills: Excellent command in Microsoft Word, Excel and AutCAD are required. Experience with simulation software i.e. HOMER, PV SYST is desirable.
- Interests: Passionate about sustainable energy; Motivation to travel internationally; Interest in development.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical skills, efficient designing and implementing of processes.
- Methodical and well organised.
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively, learn quickly and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges.
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the following link where you will find the procedure to follow (upload CV and fill-in form): https://goo.gl/forms/i05SOg847G7bsybE3
As soon as possible