Solaris Offgrid is providing "Pay-As-You-Go" energy solutions for people and companies in off-grid areas. Our smart and modular technologic approach provides a platform to bring energy, services and financing to rural communities.
Solaris Offgrid offers its "Pay-As-You-Go" solutions to manufacturers and last-mile organisations (in developing countries) which dedicate their efforts to:
- Reproduce a solar system centred business model, inspired by Solaris Tanzania.
- Integrate our PAYG software in their hardware products to increase their market reach (SHS, small lamps, cookstoves, KW inverters, etc.);
The role of the Country Director:
- Ensures Solaris Tanzania last mile strategy design and implementation (positioning, organization optimization, profitability) to meet expansion targets set with Solaris Offgrid.
- Is responsible for the organization implementation and efficiency (cohesion between departments and alignment toward a common goal).
- Challenges and validates all budgets and reporting from the head of departments.
- Is responsible for recruiting head of departments and evaluating them monthly based on their performance.
- Have a close follow-up on compliance and budget related key topics with Director of Administration as all products changes in coordination with Solaris Offgrid and Technical & After Sales Director.
- Represents the Company in external committees (partners, main suppliers, auditor, administration).
- Meets with Solaris Offgrid partners and plans their visit (with the help of the executive assistant).
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, not afraid to take initiatives or make proposals and then see them through to completion.
- Demonstrates good adaptability and pragmatism while facing complex situation inherent of the Tanzanian environment.
- Demonstrates dominance of P&L and Budget follow-up.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about developing world projects and social business.
- Demonstrates ability to manage people in a multicultural environment, and is eager to discover new cultures and ways of working.
- Deep understanding of Solar Home System / Pay-As-You-Go industry, with a previous experience in the sector greatly appreciated.
- Has native/fluent proficiency in English.
- Notions of Swahili is a plus
Compensation and details:
- Start date: October 2017.
- Duration: Min 2 years.
- Location: Based in Mwanza, Tanzania, with regular trips in the surrounding rural areas (theatre of operations) and in the East-African region for networking events.
- All business related expenses paid.
- Salary to be debated according to profile and seniority.
Send us a quick email (email@example.com) with you resume and tell us why you’re excited to join us.
As soon as possible