We started Bboxx to tackle a major global problem: energy poverty. Currently, 840 million people live without access to energy, of which 650 million are in Africa. An additional billion people are connected to an unreliable grid.
We design, manufacture, distribute and finance decentralised energy solutions.
We are a vertically integrated business and our business model is based: our physical (distribution network) and digital (Bboxx Pulse) highways, our bold technology (hardware and software), and our partnerships.
Our Bboxx Pulse® platform enables next generation utility businesses to scale and reach their customers that are dispersed across remote locations.
We are expanding and scaling by forging strategic partnerships with governments and world-class corporates.
As we head towards raising a series E, we are looking for a Chief of People to sit alongside the Executive team to help align the people strategy with the long-term goals of the business. The preferred candidate will be an innovative thinker, who is willing to explore a range of alternative strategies and policies to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the market.
About the role
- You will be responsible for defining and implementing the people strategy.
- You will sit on the remuneration committee in a key role.
- You will build a collaborative, open and dynamic culture that is reflective of our values, as the business scales, whilst ensuring all employees are proud to be part of the business.
- You will help build out the existing HR function so that it can effectively support the business as it scales.
- Sitting alongside the Executive Team, you will ensure the people strategy aligns with the long-term goals of the business; this will include:
- Organisational Development and Strategic Workforce Planning,
- Succession and Talent Management,
- Compensation and Benefits strategy,
- Performance Management,
- Learning and Development,
- Definition and Implementation of employer branding,
- Supporting on future M&A activity as the strategic HR Partner.
- A proven history of building out a people function in a scaling international business, preferably in Africa.
- A strategic understanding on delivering on a people agenda.
- Ambition, confidence and gravitas to work for a scaling company.
- Exposure to fast growing companies and experiences of significant scaling.
- Strong sense of ownership and a “whatever it takes” attitude towards getting stuff done.
- Previous experience leading a global HR team.
- Experience of M&A, as well as post-merger integrations from a HR point of view.
- An experienced leader able to influence and challenge other members of the Executive Team.
- Emotionally intelligent.
As soon as possible