Angaza creates technology that enables businesses to provide affordable life-changing products to people in emerging markets.
Angaza is hiring a Chief Financial Officer with experience in high-growth startups to join as a key member of our executive leadership team. You will work closely with our founders, our management team, and our Board of Directors. You will drive rapid business growth through strategic financial planning and execution, external network building, and scalable internal systems and processes. You will deliver measurable results on activities ranging from fundraising to revenue expansion to business forecasting.
This role reports directly to Angaza’s Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate is based in the San Francisco Bay Area or elsewhere on the continental U.S. This role will include the management of Angaza’s talented in-house Finance team as well as our external tax/accounting vendors, auditors, and bankers.
About the role
Strategic Finance Leadership:
- Collaborate as a partner on the executive team by providing critical insights and hands-on leadership on key strategic, financial, and corporate development decisions affecting the organisation such as revenue expansion and pricing strategy, financing/M&A, risk management, resource allocation, and business optimisation.
- Oversee all financial accounting, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting to optimise Angaza’s growth while grounding the company in fiscally sound strategies and processes that will efficiently scale.
- Facilitate clear and effective communication and reporting around finance, pricing, budgeting, and business strategy to employees, external stakeholders, and Angaza’s Board of Directors.
- Corporate Development.
- Form strong external relationships with key stakeholders, investors, financial service providers, and bankers to contribute directly to Angaza’s revenue growth and financial position.
- Publicly promote the company’s value proposition at external events, industry gatherings, and direct meetings, and leverage these opportunities to strengthen Angaza’s brand and network.
- Build and execute Angaza’s financing strategy, playing a key role in raising corporate venture capital through equity financings or other alternatives (e.g. venture debt), as well as debt capital for our customer financing facility.
- Expand Angaza’s international finance strategy, including accounting and financial processes across Angaza U.S. and international subsidiaries as well as managing collections and compliance across our global customer base.
- Proven track record as a CFO or senior finance executive (ideally, 20+ years of career experience) with demonstrated success in establishing long-term business value through financial leadership positions at fast-growing startup companies.
- Comfort working independently and cross-functionally, as an individual contributor, people manager, and executive leader.
- Ability to seamlessly shift between strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- Comfort and experience operating in international business settings (including Sub-Saharan Africa) across a multitude of cultures and languages.
- Deep commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and progressive workplace.
- Experience working directly with venture-backed Boards.
- Exceptional collaborative, interpersonal, and leadership skills with an unwavering focus on making data-driven decisions and holding clear accountability.
- Experience in financial management, fundraising, and metrics tracking/optimisation for B2B SaaS businesses.
As soon as possible