Aptech Africa is an EPC company that provides solar and water pumping solutions. We are headquartered in Uganda, but also have offices and operate in South Sudan, Central African Republic, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Niger, and Eastern DRC. Aptech provides solar water pumping, water purification and distribution, energy storage, mini-grids, PV hybrid, power and distribution, and solar street light and water heating solutions.
About the role
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets
- Preparing all financial reporting, to all lenders, banks and stakeholders once a quarter
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Raising capital
- Reviewing and enforcing all formal finance related procedures
- Overseeing management of cash flows and overseeing financial management system
- Advising all group subsidiaries for tax, reporting and accounting matters
- Ensuring financial procedures are being maintained across all group branches and conducting regular audits on methods.
- Audit and approval of all pricing of retail and project based revenue
- Control and file all monthly and yearly taxes in Uganda. Liaise with tax authority whenever queries arise to resolve and conclude
- Review and approve any importation tax worksheets, and liaise on other import and export related tax and finance issues
- Familiarise with operational methodology of the company to be in best position to control expenditure and reduce cost
- Manage debt repayments, timetables for repayments and cash flow to service all debts.
- Follow up on receivables and payables for overheads and project based finance
- Process all bank transactions, including, but not limited to payrolls, all transactions, applications for guarantees, securities and bid bonds
- Prepare and provide monthly cashflow breakdowns and statements
- Lead external audit process at end of financial year for Uganda Head Office in August. Prepare consolidated group financials for external audit in January. Prepare and file tax audit and provisional returns for IT purposes in December.
- Perform and report on business analytics and financial analyses, both company wide and project based
- Building financial models and credit worthiness models on excel
- BSc in Financial management or equivalent
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Experience in the solar sector is a plus
- Ability to work with multicultural teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with tax systems across the African continent is a plus
Potential candidates that meet the education and experience requirements in the above job description and excel in completing the responsibilities listed for this role should email a CV, academic documents, and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
As soon as possible