ARE is recruiting a Business & Market Development Assistant, working full-time from Brussels, Belgium, starting at the end of February for a minimum duration of six months.
About the role
1. Business support
- Support with implementation of ARE's working programme, especially in implementing country activities, events, business delegations, webinars, etc.
- Support to the Business & Market Development team, where needed (e.g. membership database development, idea development, proposal writing)
2. Membership retention
- Support with membership satisfaction and retention of existing ARE members
- Deliver membership services to existing members
3. Membership acquisition and sales
- Acquire new ARE members
- Support sponsorship sales for ARE events and webinars
- Passion for sales
- Proactive mindset and can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership of activities and projects
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English (native speaker or equivalent)
- Ability to provide clear and concise deliverables under time pressure
- Higher education degree in business, public affairs, economics or other relevant studies or equivalent experience
- 0-3 years of experience in similar role
- Knowledge of other languages (for example Portuguese and/or Spanish) is an asset
- Previous business development and sales experience in another association or in private sector is an asset
- Right to live and work in Belgium
- Volunteer or study internship contract (unpaid)
- Perspective of longer-term employment contract based on results delivered and overall development of the association
- International fast-paced work environment with offices in the heart of Europe
- Making a difference by advancing both renewables and energy access worldwide, especially in emerging economies in sub-Saharan Africa
- Working with highly motivated colleagues in a scale-up atmosphere
- On-the-job training and top-notch learning experience
How to apply:
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should address their application (CV + 1-page Cover Letter indicating earliest possible starting date) with the subject line “Application: ARE Business & Market Development Assistant – First Name + Last Name” to Inès van Oldeneel, (email@example.com) no later than 31 January 2023 COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
31 January 2023