Schneider Electric is a global company that provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. It combines world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. Schneider Electric believes access to energy and digital is a basic human right. It has developed a pro-active access to energy approach relying on technology solutions, investment funds, and support for training and entrepreneurship.
About the role
- Contribute technically to the commercial roadmap and action plan (such as product qualification, prescription, specifications drafting ...) toward assigned customers in order to profitably grow the Power and Energy systems/projects business in the key electro-Intensive Segments (Oil and Gas, MMM, Infrastructure, Utilities etc).
- Convert customers’ needs identified at an early stage of the sales process into suitable solutions leveraging portfolio of Product; use her/his technology and product and solutions knowledge in energy management offers and leverage network of technical experts in other domains.
- Support the deployment of Energy/Power Systems commercial strategy and provide technical feedback to the Power Systems Business Unit on its offer positioning vs. local competition.
Scope & Environment:
- Energy Products and Solutions Application professional within an Energy Management Cluster providing business development and offer applications support, working with Sales Team, Tendering, and account managers in relevant ecosystems.
What you will do:
- Promote the unique Customer Value Propositions to influence customers/consultants with Energy Product offer by bringing up differentiating and innovative technical proposals, addressing business requirements, customer process constraints and technical challenges.
- Take an active part in qualifications activities of all Energy Products toward End-Users, Consultants, Specifiers, Regulators, direct customers… with the support of Energy Business marketing and technical teams.
- Establish close relationship with Customers' technical team in order to prescribe best fitting products vs. requirements and influence its requests for quotation. Convert customer needs in technical proposals focusing on value creation Product's features.
- Support technically influencing and specifying activities at early stages of business development & opportunity identification.
- Organise customer events, external technical events, fairs, technical demos and customer visits (in Schneider Electric's facilities and/or other customers' ones).
- Support Account Managers (V1) in opportunities analysis and qualifications vs. Power Systems offers (S0 gate review). Identify potential new business opportunities. Provide and master all necessary technical specifications.
- Review Request for Quotations (RFQ) providing sales team with clear technical synthesis of Energy Products or solutions competitive advantages. Provide technical quotations to sales team to reach sales targets.
- Communicate market feedback about trends, competitors and requirements to Power Systems Business Unit (BU) in order to make appropriate offer enhancements.
- Develop required technical and commercial argumentation documents. Provide answers to technical questions from customers in co-operation with technical experts of different Business Units (BUs).
- Work hand-in-hand with Account Managers (V1) and Field Sales (V2) sharing her/his technical expertise.
- At least 7 years Technical & commercial profile in Energy and Power Solutions environment with experience facing customers.
- Relevant Engineering qualification.
- Experience working in the public sector/utility/infrastructure.
- Prior experience in the Energy/Power Systems market share in targeted segments (Utilities,MMM, Infrastructure sector).
- Knowledge of the East Africa market is Key.
- English fluency is a must.
- Another language will be valuable.
As soon as possible