EDP Renováveis (Euronext: EDPR) is a leading, global renewable energy company devoted to value creation, innovation and sustainability. EDPR develops wind farms since 1996 and was first listed publicly in June 2008. EDP Renováveis’s renewable energy business now comprises the development, construction and operation of wind farms and solar plants to generate and deliver clean electricity.
EDPR operates in markets around the globe. Currently, it has business interests in generation of renewable energy, namely wind and solar, and is present in 12 different countries.
The Business Development Associate will sit within the Origination team at PowerFlex, which broadly services the national C&I space with solar, storage, EV charging and energy management solutions.
About the role
- Assist team in uncovering new C&I accounts and turnkey opportunities through (but not limited to) cold calling, email campaigns, networking and preparing for trade shows and conferences.
- Work alongside team to identify new sales verticals, strategies and lead sources to grow a pipeline with repeat customers.
- Support the development of new and existing relationships with corporate executives, energy/facility/property managers and owners.
- Help build the foundation for client success by ensuring that the team is fully capable of providing high-touch client servicing and problem-solving.
- Support team efforts to prepare compelling material for virtual and in-person client presentations.
- Guide EV charging customers on the value of adding onsite solar and storage (with the help of PowerFlex subject matter experts).
- Work closely with team to help build and manage a pipeline of nurture and working opportunities to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Collaborate with internal teams to assist in the development of incentive response campaigns.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in Marketing, Technologies, Engineering, Execution and Asset Management.
- Immerse yourself in the EV charging space by tracking market changes, technology/OEMs, incentive programs, general EV trends and understanding the needs of EV drivers.
- Continuously develop a strong technical baseline through training and development milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of sales experience in the renewable energy or energy services industries.
- Experience with outbound origination through calls and emails.
- Exposure to managing or helping manage a pipeline of actionable sales opportunities.
- Sales quota attainment.
- Exposure to supporting successful RFP and RFI responses.
- Ability to set priorities and respond to changing demands and markets.
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders including C-suite executives, landlords, property managers, and facility managers.
- Salesforce, Microsoft products, navigating web tools to conduct daily job requirements.
- Proven success with cross-departmental collaboration.
- Maintains passion for the EV industry and renewable energy at large.
- Optimistic attitude and persistent mentality.
- Carries a general technical curiosity.
- Autonomous in their work and abilities.
- Able to travel up to 40% of the time (regionally).
- Highly organised.
As soon as possible