Founded in 1997, Trina Solar is the world's leading comprehensive solutions provider for solar energy. We believe close cooperation with our partners is criticial to success. Trina Solar now distributes its PV products to over 130 countries all over the world. Trina is able to provide exceptional services to each customer in each market and supplement our innovative, reliable products with the backing of Trina as a strong, bankable partner. We are commited to building strategic, mutually beneficial collaboration with installers, developers, distrobutors and other partners.
Join us as a Business Development Support – Technical & Economic Due Diligence and be part of an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment to proactively support the definition and implementation of the expansion strategy of the Project Business Unit through the origination, development and expansion of the PV Project opportunities, also including the establishment of global partnership, contacts and networking with developers, manufacturer and contractor in the Spanish and Portuguese market.
About the role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall he/she shall be responsible for the designing, evaluating and optimising design/s of the PV plants under analysis.
- In the preparation phase, he/she shall be responsible to prepare different optimised scenarios of PV plan layout and components that would maximise its value along the complete lifecycle.
- He/she shall support the BD support PMs with all technical aspects of the deal which require his/her input.
- Work closely with the developer to mitigate risks and expedite permitting.
- Perform technical risk analysis and identify appropriate mitigations.
- He/she shall be the responsible to prepare and lead technical conversations with support engineering firms, technical DD advisors, local utilities…etc. as well as liaise with the modules internal technical team.
- He/she shall be responsible to analyse from the technical side all new and current upgraded equipment in the market in order to achieve the best results on the plants acquired and built.
- Together with the PM in charge and Supply Change Management, he/she shall provide the technical inputs needed to prepare tender specifications and evaluations in tendering processes for the procurement of equipment, BOS and EPC services specially focused in the PV plant, substation and MV/HV lines of the evacuation line from the plan to the point of connection.
- Being the project representative at internal meetings when related to PV plant design. Being the basic support to the PM when dealing with technical discussions with external actors
Business Development Support:
- Create quick layouts of PV plants with take-offs to support cost exercises by BDS PM.
- Creating several optimised PV plant scenarios according to the requirements of the project analysed under the PM guidance.
- Evaluate full design by third parties when offered an existing PV design.
- Site audits, identification of civil, mechanical and electrical design opportunities and constraints.
- Evaluation and recommendation of major civil, mechanical and electrical design & components.
- Support BDS PM on job sites and review requests, revise designs as needed to accommodate unanticipated field conditions.
- Support the BDS PM by reviewing technical documents based on preliminary project information and draft engineering design packages.
- Provide SCM quantity take-offs.
- Attend and be proactive in the project review meetings.
- Providing all data required for the permitting, resource assessment, construction and design throughout the development process.
- Support risk-analysis from the technical side for assigned projects in order to minimise the negative impact on Company.
Project execution management:
- Assure that Project´s designs are properly done from the HSE side and assure that they comply with all own and local regulations.
- Provide all data required to evaluate the costs present and future of the projects as well as constantly strive to find more optimised methods (cost-wise) to design and build the plants.
- Support with the technical input to prepare project planning and implement changes.
- Support PM in all technical matters when negotiating EPC contracts for subcontracting contracts.
- Support PM in the EPC contracts from the technical side and technical annexes preparation.
- Actively support PM in all technical deviation analyses during project execution.
- Provide feedback to all other functions and create when adequate, technical instructional datasheets and brochures in order to have all organisations informed of the current and future status of the plants in terms of engineering and design.
- Abide by safety procedures and regulations.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- 7 years of experience in engineering firms, EPC contractors or Developers of renewable projects (Solar PV) in Spain and Portugal will be essential.
- Working proficiency in Italian, Advance English level, Spanish will be considered a plus.
Skills and Competences:
- Strong analytical skills, capable to focus on the more relevant topics prioritising and to properly identify the key risks.
- Strong knowledge of the Solar industry and Solar Business globally and its different technologies.
- Excellent Team-player, capable to actively support the fulfilment of team objectives with a clear supporter attitude.
- Flexible attitude, with the ability to effectively manage unexpected changes.
- Good communication skills, capable to communicate clearly and effectively and managing executive communications.
- High motivated professional, able to work under pressure.
- Fluent English is mandatory; Italian will be a plus.
- MSc Electrical, mechanical, civil
- Knowledge: Electrical PV plants design, Electrical HV/MV design, light structures mechanical design.
- IT: Office software, Primavera, MS Project Planner, PVSyst, Excel.
As soon as possible