Schneider Electric is a global company that provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. It combines world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. Schneider Electric believes access to energy and digital is a basic human right. It has developed a pro-active access to energy approach relying on technology solutions, investment funds, and support for training and entrepreneurship.
Thorough in-depth technical knowledge of our range of storage offers and market applications, the Application Engineer provides timely and effective sales and technical applications support to SE commercial teams, end users and channel partners. The Application Engineer works in a team environment supporting primarily the North American Regional commercial teams, the Microgrid Competency Center, AlphaStruxure, and GreenStruxure.
About the role
- Provides technical support and training to commercial and solution architect teams, end users and channel partners.
- Assists customers in selecting and or designing the best performance/price match of Schneider product for their application.
- Responds to technical problems to sales of our offers.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and Engineering teams in solving problems that require expertise at a higher technical level.
- Maintains awareness of competitive products, comparisons to Schneider vs. features, benefits, pricing, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Collaborates with Offer Management, providing input for product improvements and new product development.
- Reports to sales management any large order opportunities, business activity and customer problems.
- Understand codes and regulatory requirements that impact our offer and can help propose solutions for compliance.
- Collaborates with internal offer teams, including Engineering, Quality, Service, Offer Management and Manufacturing to address customer issues as they arise from time-to-time.
- Travels (25-50%) into the field, within the Americas, to provide technical sales support and training to support Regional Sales Managers as needed.
- Leads webinars as part of customer outreach / training of partners on our offers.
- Performs other departmental duties as required.
- Requires electrical engineering or technology degree.
- In depth knowledge or experience with three-phase electrical systems and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of power conversion technology and electrical system designs.
- Hands-on experience of Li Ion batteries and other storage technologies.
- Good systems level thinker who can understand the interaction of multiple offers needed to create a working solution.
- Knowledge of solar power system design, including grid-tie and off-grid/battery backup solutions preferred.
- Basic understanding of controls.
- Working knowledge of MS applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to details.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide presentation to internal sales, end-users, and channel partners.
As soon as possible