I4E: DRE Impact on SDGs
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) have had a profound and extensive impact, representing a substantial global initiative to tackle urgent challenges and forge a more sustainable and equitable future. Among these goals, SDG 7, which focuses on ensuring universal access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy, stands out as a crucial objective and a cornerstone to achieve the rest of the SDGs. 55% of new connections worldwide to achieve SDG 7 are estimated to come from decentralised renewable energies (DRE). DRE already shapes the worldwide energy access landscape and will continue to do so in the years to come.
DRE tackles a diverse array of challenges, including poverty and hunger alleviation, enhancement of healthcare facilities, promotion of education, improving gender equality, provision of clean water, and climate action – all of which are linked to various other SDGs. To achieve the SDG targets by 2030, concerted efforts are essential to amplify the impact of DRE on SDGs.
In this ARE I4E showcase webinar, ARE will shed a light on contributions from DRE companies towards achieving the SDGs. The aim is to unite experts, allowing them to present the impact of their DRE interventions on SDGs and engage the audience through a compelling Q&A session.
The webinar will especially focus on DRE´s impact on the following:
- Climate mitigation & adaptation
- Decent work & economic growth
- Women empowerment
- Migration & humanitarian settings
- Health & education
- Local value chain creation
- Capacity building & trainings
Opening & Welcome remarks
Ling Ng, Director of Communications & Marketing, ARE
Jens Jaeger, Director of Policy & Business Development, ARE
- Thomas Hebrard, Technology Specialist, Ennos
- Victor Torres, Founder and MD, Solar Cooling Engineering
- James Wakaba, Senior Asset Manager, InfraCo Africa
- Kimberley Patrick, Horn of Africa Business Developer, Genius Watter
- Stefan Trittler, Head of Innovations, Asantys
- Harriet Ijeomah, Media & Communications Manager, Coldhubs
Audience interaction & Closing