Who, What & Where
- Hybrid System of Solar and Diesel for Rural electrification
- Bancoumana, Mali
ACCESS is a Malian solar and hybrid energy systems company with 10 years of experience in urban and rural electrification sectors.
- 20.000 inhabitants at Bancoumana, no modern energy services available.
- Monthly avg. expenditure for kerosene, candles and batteries was around 25,50 EUR.
- Mali solar irradiation - 5-6kWh/m2/day.
- Mini-grid constructed with collaboration of ACCESS, Malian government and KfW.
- Solar hybrid systems:
- Solar PV field 33 kWc
- Back-up generator 64 kW
- Batteries Storage 3640Ah/48V
- Grid length 10 Km in low voltage
Project Financing and Costs
- Project Investment: 404.068,26 EUR
- 20% from ACCESS
- 80% of KfW/AMADER (Malian REA) as investment grant.
- Tariff determined by regulator on basis of tools considering the interests of both the operator and the community.
- OPEX covered as each client pays monthly bill of 0,28 EUR/kWh
- ACCESS manages and operates the project.
- Electricity for 393 households, small business, schools, health centre and street lights.
- Creation of new jobs and activities in the village.
The densification of the mini-grid, extension of solar capacity and battery storage.
Improve the clients’ management system by introducing smart meters.
The Government of Mali, in collaboration with donors, is to replicate the model for 50 more.