Angaza creates technology that enables businesses to provide affordable life-changing products to people in emerging markets.
In this challenging and diverse role, you will function as a customer-facing product expert for our Nairobi-based Customer Experience organisation. You will lead high-quality technical engagements with key customers to ensure we deeply understand their product needs. Although you will be a member of our Customer Support team, you will spend a significant percentage of your time collaborating closely with Customer Success to enhance the technical aspects of their customer interactions. Internally, you will play a pivotal role in helping our Product team understand and design for the technical needs of our customers. Success in this position requires technical knowledge and experience, extremely strong communication and organisational skills, and an eagerness to find new and better ways to get things done. This role reports directly to our Director of Customer Experience and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 1-2 hours per day handling tickets and participate in an off-hours pager rotation; this may scale up or down depending on team requirements
- Act as first escalation point for the Support Agents
- Analyse customers’ support requests and identify areas where Angaza can offer improved service and reduce support costs
- Become involved with escalated support issues as required/requested by leadership
- Monitor all tickets for a subset of assigned customers with complex and/or unusual technical requirements
- Actively manage a small set of customers in coordination with their Customer Success Manager to provide a consistent and thoughtful engagement regarding product and the customer’s unique needs; this may involve coordinating with 3rd party developers as well as Angaza engineers
- Become fully conversant in the the existing tech stack of assigned accounts
- Build relationships with key technical contacts at assigned accounts
- Provide technical advice to assigned accounts about how to more comprehensively derive value from the Angaza platform
- Be part of regular operational and business review meetings with key customers to discuss any technical concerns and provide updates on product feature requests
- Make sure feature requests for key customers and assigned accounts:
- Are properly submitted with all necessary information
- Receive regular status updates
- Are delivered in good order, on time (if committed)
- Fulfil customers’ requirements
Commercial Business Unit (Sales)
- This position may be requested to provide Sales-Engineer assistance on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in Technical Support for a B2B SaaS organisation, including direct 1-1 customer communication
- French speaking is a plus
- Previous start-up experience
- Zendesk experience is a plus
- Engage quickly
- Provide quick and effective resolutions
- Have good non-technical skills (organisation, presentation, communication)
- Able to balance the needs of the customers and the business objectives of Angaza
- Proficient at seeing things from different angles (pros and cons, weaknesses and strengths)
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
This position reports to our Nairobi, Kenya office. Due to the current pandemic, this position will be fully remote from the start. This will change once we have a new office structure in place in Nairobi. Candidates must be based in Nairobi, and eligible to work in Kenya. Our home office is in San Francisco, so your day will likely run a bit later than normal business hours.
Send us your contact details and résumé using the form linked here. Feel free to attach any extra information you think we should know. We look at every single person. We’ll get back to you shortly.
Angaza is a for-profit company based in Nairobi and San Francisco.
Employees receive salary and competitive benefits that include:
- Company-sponsored private medical plan
- Pension plan with company contribution
- Quarterly professional development allocation
- Team & mission you can believe in
As soon as possible