Trama TecnoAmbiental (TTA) is an international consulting and engineering SME active since 1986 and based in Barcelona, Spain. Its main specialty is distributed renewable energy generation combined with energy management and efficiency in developing regions. In rural electrification, and particularly microgrids, TTA has been involved in studies, policy, deployment and capacity building in over 60 countries.
TTA’s team has international and cross-cultural experience at technological as well as institutional levels, including regulatory, financial and social aspects. Projects have been done in Europe, Americas, Africa, the Middle East, Oceania and Asia. Clients include governments, multilateral and bilateral institutions (WB UNDP, UNOPS, UNIDO, UNESCO, IDB, OLADE, IRENA, IEA, EC, AECID, and others), NGOs, local communities, individuals, private developers, contractors, electric utilities etc.
TTA was awarded the EUREC Technology Prize 2001, “for developing excellent system technology for rural electrification based on renewable energy sources, combined with an innovative, user-oriented approach for its implementation”.
In 2015, TTA was awarded with the Prize “Off-Grid Experts Awards” by the company Off-Grid Phaesun together with ARE, for excellence in the performance in the field of Off-Grid power supply, in the Category A “Product” for its “Electricity Dispenser”, a Smart Meter for microgrids.
TTA designs, supervises and delivers micro-grids with renewable energy generation for rural electrification. The company is looking for a diligent construction supervision manager with previous experience in the installation of solar PV plants fluent in English for a very exciting and flexible opportunity. The selected candidate will report to the Head of Projects (Africa region), Technical Director and Associate Director.
The Construction Supervision Manager (i.e. Project Manager) will have the following responsibilities:
- To inherit the project management on a daily basis, including budget control and work-plan (timeline) revisions and controls
- To maintain all the project documentation up-to-date in a easy accessible and friendly manner by all the colleagues involved (that will access from various countries)
- To travel to project site in rural Eritrea, during 1-2 weeks a month, for the following tasks:
o Pre-installation verification activities
o Construction supervision, both mechanical and electrical at various stages
o During the commissioning and testing of the system, to second and support TTA’s designated senior engineer
o To support and second the project director in his different visits to Asmara and project sites
o It is expected 1 visit to the country/sites per month for the first 6 months (from February until July), with a duration of 1 to 2 weeks in country - after completion of project construction and commissioning there will be 1 visit over 6 months
- To fully understand electrical, architectural and concept drawings and sketches on the solar PV-battery field. Be able to internally communicate changes, deviations, modifications on the design with colleagues remotely (i.e. from the field to Barcelona, Nairobi and other places)
- Ability to review designs and bill of materials on-site and challenge the EPC contractor when materials and installation has not been done accordingly
- Be able to help/assist the technical department in the elaboration of as-build drawings
- Take over the daily communications between client (Ministry of Energy and Mines) and contractors carrying out the supervised work
- Create, keep up-to-date, internal reporting on project progress, changes as well as reporting to client
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical or electrical
- Minimum 2 years of experience in solar PV energy, including the supervision/installation or implementation of 2 solar PV power plants
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Passionate about renewable energies and rural electrification
- Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
- Methodical and organized
- Autonomous and proactive
- Motivation to travel internationally often
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and AutoCAD
- Ability to lead and communicate with a team
The following competences will also be an advantage:
- A Master’s degree
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese will be valued
- Familiar with EU and other multilateral agencies’ public procurement procedures
Read the full job description
As soon as possible