Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of €25 billion in FY2014, our 170,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
The position will be responsible for adapting, promoting and supporting integrated
solutions for customers in the commercial, industrial, residential and off-grid solar market segments in Middle East and Africa.
Must possess the ability to build solutions by understanding the customer context,
including all stakeholders, process and needs, as well as technical complexity induced by the integration of numerous interconnected components and sub-systems
For assigned markets, the SAE shall:
- Master the specifications and applications of the “Schneider Solar Offer,”
- Be expert in competitor’s offers and equip the sales team so that they can demonstrate the advantages of the Schneider Solar Offer relative to these competitors to customers.
- Provide solution architectures for specific opportunities to assure winning proposals
that meet customer requirements. This includes reviewing RFPs and customer requirements documents and providing guidance to sales, tendering and engineering teams in the preparation of proposals and customer influencing.
- Be responsible for assuring key market influencers are knowledgeable of the Schneider Solar Offer and its advantages. This includes providing training and specifications to distributors, leading engineering firms, developers, IPPs and EPCs.
- Take ownership of relationships with technical staff at key strategic customers, and provide engineering and consultation as the lead technical interface through the sales process, drawing on Schneider resources and support as necessary.
- Be responsible for assuring that Schneider Solar Offer is compliant with local requirements and adapting the offer to assure competitive advantage.
- Develop reference architectures, templates and proposal materials to be used by sales, tendering and engineering teams in customer presentations, proposals and quotes.
- Assure that Schneider is perceived as a market leader in solar in the region. This includes representing Schneider Electric in industry association technical discussions and working groups.
- Anticipate new market requirements and create competitive advantage through creative adaptations and positioning of offers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Degree aligned with solar industry – Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics & software
- Customer understanding: 5 years’ experience in the solar industry leading to good
- knowledge of customer vocabulary, pain-points, expectations and deliverables
- System architecture methodology, starting from customer needs identification
- Ability to influence and convince
- Communication skills (internal & external)
- Ability to foster cooperation
- Fluency in English. Other languages may be required.
- Solar specific skills required: single-line diagrams, system sizing and layout, PV plant
- energy yield optimization, inverters, batteries, monitoring & control software.
- The Solution Application Engineer reports to the SAE Director for the region of EMEA, dotted line to Sales Director in EMEA.
- Job location: To be determined
- Frequent local/international travel (40%-50%) in the region. Occasional international travels to other regions (Europe) (10%).
As soon as possible