Angaza creates technology that enables businesses to provide affordable life-changing products to people in emerging markets.
You will be a core member of the Network Partnerships team, empowering Angaza’s business customers across the world to accept digital payments from millions of consumers. Our focus is reliability, rigour, and customer trust. We have developed 100+ digital payment and messaging partnerships, and an important focus of your time will be directly engaging with new and existing partners to expand the breadth and capabilities of this network.
The team has full ownership over critical payment and notification infrastructure. Therefore, you will have the freedom to apply your engineering skills toward new strategies for improving the performance, resilience, and functionality of this infrastructure.
At the end of the internship, you should be able to:
- Write code for new features, to set up new integrations, fix bugs, and to improve existing systems.
- Actively participate in code reviews (review your colleague’s code)
- Actively engage various stakeholders to support projects that involve multiple companies.
- Angaza is made up of a number of engineering teams who regularly jointly work on shared projects. You will be expected to actively participate in cross-team working groups aligned with your technical interests.
Requirements and Expectations:
- You have recently graduated or are pending graduation from an I.T. related undergraduate course.
- You have a passion for coding and you have completed at least 1 backend project.
- You are fairly comfortable coding in Python and can pass a programming interview conducted in the same.
- You have a passion for writing code clean maintainable code.
- You have a growth-oriented attitude, motivated to learn & grow while sharing knowledge with others.
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Angaza is a for-profit company based in Nairobi and San Francisco.
Employees receive salary and competitive benefits that include:
- company-sponsored private medical plan
- pension plan with company contribution
- quarterly professional development allocation
- team & mission you can believe in
As soon as possible