Trama TecnoAmbiental (TTA) is an international consulting and engineering SME active since 1986 and based in Barcelona, Spain. Its main specialty is distributed renewable energy generation combined with energy management and efficiency in developing regions. In rural electrification, and particularly microgrids, TTA has been involved in studies, policy, deployment and capacity building in over 60 countries.
TTA’s team has international and cross-cultural experience at technological as well as institutional levels, including regulatory, financial and social aspects. Projects have been done in Europe, Americas, Africa, the Middle East, Oceania and Asia. Clients include governments, multilateral and bilateral institutions (WB UNDP, UNOPS, UNIDO, UNESCO, IDB, OLADE, IRENA, IEA, EC, AECID, and others), NGOs, local communities, individuals, private developers, contractors, electric utilities etc.
TTA was awarded the EUREC Technology Prize 2001, “for developing excellent system technology for rural electrification based on renewable energy sources, combined with an innovative, user-oriented approach for its implementation”.
In 2015, TTA was awarded with the Prize “Off-Grid Experts Awards” by the company Off-Grid Phaesun together with ARE, for excellence in the performance in the field of Off-Grid power supply, in the Category A “Product” for its “Electricity Dispenser”, a Smart Meter for microgrids.
TTA is seeking a Senior Project Manager, Consultant and Business Developer to join the Africa Unit of TTA. Under the supervision of the Africa Team Leaders, the Project Manager and Consultant will coordinate projects, develop innovative custom-consultancy services adapted to the project and client needs and improve the organisation’s market position. The nature of projects will be related to sustainable energy, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy access.
The Senior Project Manager, Consultant and Business Developer will report to the Africa Team Leaders.
The Senior Project Manager, Consultant and Business Developer will work in the following areas:
- Overall project management: Control project timeline and budget, lead project teams and meeting deadlines, coordinate the collaboration with external partners; customer relation by participating in calls, meetings and field missions.
- Prepare project deliverables: Prepare technical reports and other deliverables required by the project in a timely manner and with high quality writing.
- Field missions: Travel to project sites when required.
- Feasibility Studies: Conduct project identification, project development, pre-feasibility study, feasibility study, demand study/load profile, need assessment and data gathering, techno-economic analysis, social, environmental, PPA, net metering, etc.
- Financial and business models and delivery schemes: Carry out or review institutional framework analysis as well as financial and economic models, business model, tariff setting, revenue stream definition, client policy, funds mobilisation, costing.
- Institutional, Policy and Regulatory Support: Develop strategic and planning documents in the field of sustainable energy, policy and regulatory frameworks, tariff setting among others.
- Capacity building: Prepare and deliver trainings for public and private stakeholders.
- Support business development: Support the team leaders and commercial department in identifying and preparing proposals.
- Build key customer relationships and identify business opportunities and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
- Help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
- Educational Background: A Master´s degree in engineering, economics or similar is desired. Specific education in renewable energies, energy efficiency and management, sustainable energy and/or energy access will be an advantage.
- Previous Work Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in energy is required. Minimum 5 years of experience in sustainable energy is required. Experience in clean-energy mini-grids is desirable. Previous experience in consultancy and project management in sustainable energy is required. Previous experience in business development is required.
- International Experience: Experience in Africa is required. Experience with multilateral or bilateral development agencies is highly desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in English or French is required. Other languages will be an advantage
- Computer Skills: Excellent command in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel are required. Experience with simulation software i.e. HOMER, PV SYST is desirable.
- Interests: Passionate about sustainable energy; motivation to travel internationally; interest in development.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
- Analytical skills, efficient designing and implementing of processes
- Methodical and well organised
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively learn quickly and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer oriented
- Salary and benefits: From 35,000 to 40,000 EUR/year gross salary depending on qualifications of candidate.
- Starting date: Immediate.
- Position based in: Barcelona, Spain. Other locations could be considered for outstanding candidates. Travels to project sites (10 to 40%).
As soon as possible