E.ON Off Grid solutions aims to be the energy service partner of choice for off grid solutions. We currently test a business model for mini-grids and stand alone solutions that allow productive use in rural Africa. We currently have electrified 10 villages in Tanzania as well as one rural mining customer.
- Provide clear engineering leadership in the definition and resolution of technical issues as they occur.
- Support Operations team locally with detailed technical issues and queries as requested and required regularly locally
- Where appropriate define and implement new processes and ways of working to ensure learnings are captured and to ensure future issues are avoided.
- Where necessary travel to sites to undertake maintenance activities and trouble shooting
- Liaise with contractors to ensure work is delivered on time and to the required, high standards.
- Undertake detailed testing and analysis of new engineering solutions (Mechanical, Electrical and electronic to test for robustness and applicability to the local environment
- Good university degree in science, engineering or similar and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Technical knowledge in energy systems, preferably involving solar PV, batteries and diesel generation is required
- Hands-on experience in electrical power systems or similar technical field is required.
- Experience managing contractors and working with external parties
- Ability to identify a problem, define how a problem is to be resolved and to see the resolution carried out all independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary, international team in multiple locations
- Fluent in English, in speech and writing. Swahili in addition is preferred.
- Familiar with Tanzanian / East African cultures; work experience in Tanzania or neighbouring countries preferred
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Bonus Skills and qualifications
- Entrepreneurial thinking and excellent communication skills as well as strong team orientation
- Experience in managing a team or direct line management a plus.
If interested, please submit your cover letter and CV with references to email@example.com with the subject “Application for Senior Engineer”.
As soon as possible