Since 1962, NRECA International has developed programs that promote economic prosperity in developing countries through technical assistance and training in rural electrification.
NRECA International strives to create permanent business cultures and operating environments in which local electrification institutions are able to survive, compete, prosper and grow.
- Feasibility Studies
- Institutional Development
- Productive Uses and Economic Development
- Renewable Energy Technology
- Rural Electrification Planning
- Rural Electrification Project Design
- Utility Operations and Management
1. Project Engineer: 70%
- Provide engineering direction for design and analysis of off-grid electric power distribution systems to optimise performance, lower losses and improve reliability.
- Direct large and complex engineering design and analysis activities with multiple local and international team members.
- Recruit and manage subcontractors and consultants in the execution of field work.
- Train and mentor junior staff in the design and execution of willingness to pay studies and economic analysis.
- Report writing, editing, and delivery in consultation with senior field staff.
2. Business Development: 15%
Assist in identification, dissemination, and evaluation of business opportunities, including recommendations to senior management on key opportunities.
Assist in developing and maintenance of tools and materials (databases, templates, etc.) to enhance efficiency and timeliness of response to formal and informal business development opportunities.
Assist in proposal process, including:
- Writing/editing support,
- Selection and organisation of proposal contents,
- Quality control throughout the proposal development process.
3. Special Projects: 15%
Participate in communications with external clients, including;
- Participation in design and development of special reports including those published on the International web site
- Special website content, including engineering toolkits, country reports, and upates
Participate in special projects, including;
- Data collection for mini-grid projects in assigned geographical localities.
- Periodic engineering design and planning activities, as assigned by NRECA Director of Engineering.
- Other tasks as necessary and/or assigned by Senior Vice President, NRECA International.
Direct Reports to this Position:
- Project staff as assigned during specific projects
- Contractors and consultants involved in execution of design tasks
Requirements and Qualifications:
Formal Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or similar technical field. Master’s Degree preferred. Foreign language competencies preferred but not essential.
10 years experience in rural power and distribution system design. Developing-country experience in rural power system project implementation preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organisation skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people to foster cooperation in sharing information and materials as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Interpersonal skills, member service orientation and ability to work in a team environment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to conceptualise, produce and disseminate high-quality materials as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to define issues, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and apply to work environment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with others and work in a team environment and providing follow-up when needed as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to understand and discuss issues and developments related to product design, development and deployment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to travel as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine, 10-key adding machine, and multiple line telephone as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- Ability to provide service excellence by building relationships, being resourceful, responsive and respectful as demonstrated by prior work experience.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analysing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
As soon as possible